Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Application URL Host Name Not Correct

jim_newkirk
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am developing a web dynpro application in our development system but when I activate the application it gets a URL that points to our test system. When I test the application in HTTP Service (SICF) the URL for the development system is passed to the browser. WHere do you maintain the host that is being used to build the URL for the web dynpro application when it is activated.

Thanks,

Jim N.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To configure the FQDN (host name full), please take a look at these:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/67/be9442572e1231e10000000a1550b0/content.htm] and

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/e86de5008b4d9ae10000000a155369/frameset.htm].

Regards,

jim_newkirk
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The settings are all correct (RZ11). I think the issue is that this development system was built from a copy of the test system that is appearing in the URL. Is there something that needs to be reset (WAS?).

Thanks,

Jim N.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Have you restarted the ICM or the instance since making the change. It doesn't take effect until a restart. Go to transaction SMICM to restart just the ICM.

jim_newkirk
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I went to SMICM and restarted ICM. Created a new WD4A application and ti still has the wrong host (host name of our test system). I will need to ask our basis team to bounce the instance to see if this will correct my problem.

Thanks,

Jim N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim

in RZ11 you can maintain the host as a profile parameter.

ICM/host_name_full

Regards

Naresh

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i can't change profile paramter ICM/host_name_full

( i goto debugging: flag internal system = N)

is therre another solution ?

regards

Andreas

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> i can't change profile paramter ICM/host_name_full

>

>

> ( i goto debugging: flag internal system = N)

>

> is therre another solution ?

>

>

>

> regards

> Andreas

What do you mean you can't change it? The profile parameter must be changed in the instance profile and then the ICM or the complete system restarted to pickup the change. What does the the debugger have to do with this?

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thank you for your reply Thomas,

here is the situation:

http://www.a-saph.de/etc/rz11.jpg

I've modified parameter internal_sytem from N to J in debugging of RZ11.

But fields are only in display-mode.

(If I execute rz11 normally, I get whole screen only in display mode)

regards Andreas

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You are in the wrong transaction. RZ11 is for maintaining the definition of profile parameters themselves. RZ10 is for maintaining your system profile files. If you aren't familiar with the process to main the system profiles, please contact your system administrator to do it for you. There are a lot of delicate settings in there that can damage your system if not careful.

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

it's a test-system only.

The only reason for this change is, that I will start and maintain wd-appl. from another client. But the parameter local host is not set right.

Andreas

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i've created the parameter with rz10

http://www.a-saph.de/etc/rz11.JPG

and restart system but with no success

A.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Did you activate the profile after saving it? Did you view the file at the OS level (since the OS level is the one that really counts)? It is /usr/sap/<sid>/SYS/profile. You can change it directly from here as well.

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thank you I did change it in file "DEFAULT" AND DEFAULT.PFL

so that it changed in RZ11 -

but I cannot start WDA from another client and can't modify views in se80...

thank you

Andreas