cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted PO's not returned in PO search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I dont see deleted PO's when I search for PO's in process purchase orders transaction with blank value in status ( which means 'ALL' statuses). Where as if I search for PO's with status 'DELETED', I am able to see all the deleted PO's. Any Idea?

SRM 5.0 version...

Thanks,

Shekar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AndreasMuno
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

there is reasoning behind not listing deleted POs to the user : Only documents that are still valid to the business, those which need have been processed to a certain degree and which shall be looked at as "further to be processed" are considered valuable to the typical user. Hence "All" actually contains "All documents deemed to be valid to be processed". This is typically addressed during user training.

Users quickly understand that All is not "virtually all" but "all those documents typically relevant to me".

Normally POs are deleted when they contain errors or when the business need expressed through them is not deemed to be valid (any more). Displaying invalid documents together with actually valid documents may rather confuse the user instead of helping him or her to get the job done.

From a usability standpoint I'd probably refrain from "improving" the selection result by custom development.

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jorge, Dinesh & Andreas

- Shekar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Blank doesn't show all PO. For searching DELETED in the same list box you have a deleted entry.

I hope this help

Reward if helpful

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you BR, So what does search with BLANK means? I thought it would return ALL po's. Is there any OSS note we can apply to see deleted po's without actually choosing status 'deleted' and searching?

Thanks,

Shekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

for shopping carts also deleted SCs are shown in "Deleted" status only and not in "All".

"All" is be for valid documents.

check the documentation of BADI BBP_WF_LIST for custome search results.

BR

Dinesh