cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to see the mapping functions assigned...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Consider someone has done the mapping with some userdefined functions and some node functions,etc...

now...i want to see the mapping used...i mean what is the userdefined function used ..or what is the node function used.....how to check that....I even cheked the depencies option..but it shows only arrowmark to the target field...

Can someone help me in that.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

In the edit mode,just right click on the function(UDF or Node or anything) and see the "Where used " option

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Thanks for the reply....i got my answer i guess.....let me check and award u.....

but here we only know where we use...but its time consuming to get to each node in a message mapping and rightclick on that...and check it

is there a way...where we can have a full massage mapping overview with functions or UDF used at a single shot........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

is there a way...where we can have a full massage mapping overview with functions or UDF used at a single shot........

I guess it is not possible.

Using where-used list we can only find in which objects it is used, but we won't get the info like a particular UDF is mapped to a field.

If you find any such way, please let us know. Thank you very much.

Regards

Bhanu

Intelligroup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PS Reddy:

There might be some tables to store those information, I am not 100% sure, but you can search around to see if you can find something.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>is there a way...where we can have a full massage mapping overview with functions or UDF used at a single shot........

No,its not possible.

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, First of all, you should get the name of function used in Message Mapping.

If the function name is among the standard function (you can check all the catagory of the standard function by choose value from drop down list of bottom of the data flow editor)

then your function used is standard function, eg. node funtions include "exist" "RemoveContext" etc...

Otherwise the function used must be user define function, from the same drop down list I mentioned above, you can choose "User Defined Function", then you will see the user defined functions used by current message mapping.

Hope this clear your doubt.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liang,

Thanks for ur reply....if i can get the node function name,i can help myself.....i just want for my reference.....i want to have a look at all the objects created by my developers ...I mean mapping objects....

how to see those.....as u said,we can check if there are any userdefined functions used in the data flow editor.......but how to know that a prticular UDF is assigned to partcular target element.....

any ideas...