Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material master impact in quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Here is my requirement.

1. By the time my business do the quotation for a customer, We are not sure which exact materials are required to complete project.

2. But business wants to create quotation with some description of materials, That how they are doing now.

3. I know SAP does not allow creating quotation with out material.

4. So i suggested them to create quotation with current SAP material number only - But you can change quotation later.

A. I am doing availability check for material, But this will not block the quantity for this quotation. (i am assuming that this can be called as Requirements will not be transferred for planning)

My question is does this impact any accounts or inventory?

Thank you

ANil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think so requirements are passed till we config the schedule line of the quotaion whether availablity check & TOR are activated.

There is no afftect to accounts part.

Thanks,

Sree.Manam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manam,

Thanks for your reply. So for this to happen i am assuming that

1. I should not check Req/Assembly at schedule line level.

Can you tell me how can i not block the quantity for this quotation, But i want to do availability check.

Thank you

ANil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I am not wellworsed with Availablity check but i think in Schedule line categort we have 2 tabs,TOR,Availablity check and Product allocation.

I feel for your reuqirement you should check first two and uncheck the product allocation.

Get suggestions from others too and check out.

Thanks,

Sree.Manam

Edited by: manam narayana on May 15, 2008 11:57 AM

Answers (0)