cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Agent in an FlexFrame / Virtualization Environment

0 Kudos

Hello,

Does somebody know how i should install the SMD Agent in an FlexFrame (virtuell) environment.

Should i bind the new agent on the virtuell hostname of each installed SAP Instance.

Or should i implement new hostnames for the virtuell Agent host?

Moreover, must the Agent have a different Instance Number to the ABAP Instance?

I think it would be better to use the hostname from the SAP instance and install the agent on this.

The i control via script to start the agent on the host, where the ABAP/ JAVA Instance is started.

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

I had installed a smd agent not so long ago, but at a HP server. On this system we have also a sap instance (solution manager)

You can use all defaults as described in the manual :

Have java installed, create a user 'smdadm' and call the install gui, it uses for default : SMD as sysid and sys# 98.

Some problems occur : The start script does'nt work.

I have edited this script, now it works.

Inside this script you find some not working (at hp) prerequisites like

"nb_openfiles=ulimit -n" => should be "...=sar -v"

and other definitions does'nt work or with wrong values.

Check this at flexframe, other things should'nt have problems.

Be shure, that the agent stops and start with server reststarts. And you have to set some parameters as described in the "root cause analysis installation" manual.

The agent is running now two month or so without problems.

May be, this is helpful for you,

regards, Michael

0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer,

But one thing isn't answere yet.

In our environment there are 20 hosts, an every SAP Service (CI, SCS, APP Server) could be startet on each of the 20 maschines. Aotomatic failover is possible. Moreover one maschine can run more than one service, too. And now, one SMD Agent per hosts ore one agent for each SAP Instance?

Stefan

Answers (0)