cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while testing JCO connections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please help me with the following error.I am getting this when I'm testing my JCO connection :

RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=cgnsap13 SYSNR=01 GWHOST=cgnsap13 GWSERV=sapgw01 PCS=1 LOCATION SAP-Gateway on host cgnsap13 / sapgw01 ERROR max no of cpic clients exceeded (300)

Thanks and regards,

Lisha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj,

I'm setting the connection timeout parameter as 0 for both my JCO dectinations, and this might be a better way as compared to closing connections.

Regards,

Lisha

Message was edited by: Lisha Meril Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lisha,

I am not able to get the relation between timeout and JCo s connections closing.. So would not be in a position to evaluate the same..

It would be nice if you could share with us ,

where we can set the max connections ...?any file...?

thanks and Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj,

Please check SAP note 314530.

Also do check the Resource Management section in the link given below :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/21/c6a73860bf5f2ce10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

Hope that helps

Regards,

Lisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the message server settings have already been done correctly.

The applications were running fine.The error i got was because the no. of cpic clients handled by SAP gateway exceeded the limit which was set as 300(default value).

On increasing the no. of connections by setting the gateway parameter gw/max_sys to the required value, the error gets resolved.

Thanks everybody,

Regards,

Lisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lisha,

300 connections should be sufficient.. There should not be a need to increase it..

Are all the connections closed after usage ?

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please ensure that you have the msgserver entry in your services file. The problem you are getting is because of the message server. you need to have a entry like

sapms<System ID> tcp/3601

Also go to your SAP logon pad and check for groups. and type the sid in the box along with the appserver and then click on generate list. You should get some logon groups. If not you can be sure that your message server is not configured properly. Talk to your SAP Basis person

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following link.This might help you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f6/daea401675752ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Rajeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the problem is not with your JCo connection but with the gateway server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried giving a pool size of 100, the max perissible value, still the error persists.

Regards,

Lisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisha,

What is the Connection Pool Size for your JCO Connection?

Increase it and try again.

Regards,

Shubham