Multiple Source Messages Scenario - Need help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is my scenario.

System A sends Message A

System B sends message B

both of them are diffrent strcutures.

Now I need to map both of the messages to Message C and send it to system C.

I would need help on how to achive this requirement.

I tried using correlation in BPM but i dont know if I'm following the right approach to activate correlation.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Cheers!!

Sidharth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You dont require a BPM for this.

You can use multimapping.

SAP Documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/21/6faf35c2d74295a3cb97f6f3ccf43c/frameset.htm

And Blogs

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

Thanks

Sebin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The blogs you have shared talk about 1:N mapping.

My scenario is a N:1 mapping and the SAP documentation also talks about using an Integration process (BPM).

I need to know if I'm missing anything in correlation creation and activation...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right, in this situation, you have to use BPM.

Check

"BpmPatternCollectMultiIf" BPM patterns in BASIS SWCV

Liang

Edited by: Liang Ji on May 15, 2008 8:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you feel that you have define the correlation properly and assigned properly to receive steps.

then what you can do is first clear all the stoped message from the queue SMQ1 and SMQ2.

Then go to SWWL and delete all the BPM related to this interface and once everythig is reset.

You can run your interface again.

reward points if answer is helpful to you*

Gaurav Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reverse also is possible.

You dont require BPM for this. I have worked with most of these scenarios.

YOu need to select two messages as source and a single message as target which will be your scenario of N:1

Thanks

Sebin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebin,

Both of the source messages Message A and Message B do not come in the same file.

The would come in as different files. I tried setting it up but.... faced some issues..

1. the mapping gets executed and fails even before the second message is sent.

2. how do we maintain the order.... say

Message A1 and Message A2 are sent from System A and then Message B1 comes from System B how does it recognise which instance it should hit without the use of BPM and correlation...

Once again I really thank you for your inputs....

Cheers!!

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh if it comes in different files you have to use BPM and wait for second message.

And if it meets the criteria do a condition handling in BPM and in that condition handling use the transformation step to execute the Mapping

Thanks

Sebin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My problem has been resolved. Whterver I had done intially as far as setting up the BPM and correlation was right.

There were some issues with cache so the changes made to the BPM were never reflecting. We got it fixed and now things are fine.

Once again thank you all for valuble inputs..

Cheers!!

Sidharth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of dependency/relation do you have between the messages sent by System A and System B. If there is none you can develop two different interfaces.

Regards,

Ratan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The purchase order number field will be the same for both the messages.

Cheers!!

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow this thread if you have dependecy/correlation between the messages.

Also look at /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/24/do-you-like-to-understand-147correlation148-in-xi

Regards,

Ratan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've gone through the thread but did not find much information.

The blog talks about collecting messages for same interface which I'm afraid is not wht I'm looking for.

Just to summarize wht I've done....

Start --> Receive 1 (Message A) --> Receive 2 (Message B) --> Transformation --> Send 1 (Message C) --> Stop

I've defined correlation accordingly... to pick up the PO num field.

Now when message A is submitted the outbound status on sxmb_moni is set to waiting....

But the moment I submit message B, The outbound status is set to a Green Flag and there is a SYSFAIL entry in the queue.

The error is " Permanent Error in BPE Inbound Processing"

But I see the message A is has still got the outbound status wating..

I guess I'm missing something in correlation..

cheers!!

Sidharth