cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial load of Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement like., our client is acting as a care taker for customer property and initially this stock was sold by my client and received the amount from the customer also. Now the customer is keeping the stock at our client place. As and when required they place the order with free of charge , goods issue and invoice.

How can we take the material into my plant without any accounting entries gets generated. How can I separate this stock as a customer in the system.

The client business process as follows.

1.Raise the PO against VENDOR(here Customer and VENDOR are same).

2.Goods receipts into our plant . At this level they want to separate this stock from their plant-How can I separate?

3.Sales process

a) Free of charge order, delivery and invoice.

Can any body help me out. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Narasimha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintain a separate storage location exclusively for this kind of stocks.

Instead of Free of charge delivery, you can map this as returns to vendor.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If we craete seperate storage location then also it is showing valuation.The stock should not show any valuation in our clients plant.Show as a customers property and without effect of our client books of accounts.It allowed to do the delivery also.

Please suggest if you know any alternative.

Narasimha

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This scenario is very common in realtime business process particularly in the month ends and year ends. To build sales and meet the sales targets it is encourages by people at all levels in the company.

Normally the stocks will be invoiced and the customer takes the delivery as and when he requires the material(not once but part withdrawals also happen).

If the warehouses are maintained by external agents, these will be shown as customer stocks but rent will not be charged from the customer, instead the company pays the rent for that.

If you can clearly explain the business process, certainly can expect good responses.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no standard solution to this. The material can be added to stock using T.Code: MB1A, movement 502 & maintain as a special stock.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Narasimha

Please test this scenario in development and confirm with your MM / FI people on accounting entries.

Go to OMSC select your material type and plant and untick value updation and try.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LakshmiPathi,

This transaction is not existing. Can u please tell me relevent one?

Thanks,

Narasimah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintaining a seperate storage location is the perfect idea and if you can look to create a seperate plant also depending on the complexity of the business.

Thanks,

Manam.Narayana