cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBP_WFL_SECURITY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus,

I would like to know if BBP_WFL_SECURITY settings are only relevant to Shopping Carts or it works for PO Workflows in extended classic scenarios also.

Currently in my case we are on an extended classic scenario. As a buyer, I am able to change any PO which is waiting for approval by some other approver. I have kept my security settings to 'Low' which means I should not be able to change anything neither should the PO workflow trigger.

Thanks

Regards

Dip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the foll link for more details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/f7/a6a3415e34b05fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus,

I would like to know if BBP_WFL_SECURITY settings are only relevant to Shopping Carts or it works for PO Workflows in extended classic scenarios also.

Currently in my case we are on an extended classic scenario. As a buyer, I am able to change any PO which is waiting for approval by some other approver. I have kept my security settings to 'Low' which means I should not be able to change anything neither should the PO workflow trigger.

Please note that I have checked this while I have de-activated the custom badi implementation for BBP_WFL_SECUR_BADI.

Thanks

Regards

Dip

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please check, the following..

Not defined Initial setting: Authorization level on delivery.

No authorization

Changes to the document are not allowed while it is being approved.

Low

Changes can be made to the document. The approval workflow is restarted after every change.

Medium

Changes can be made to the document. After every change, the approval workflow either continues or is restarted.

The system evaluates the start conditions and restarts the workflow if a new approval is required as a result of the change. If this is not the case, the approval workflow continues.

High

Changes can be made to the document. The current approval process always continues. A new approval workflow is not started when the document is changed.

-

>

according to the above , only security level None will not be able to make any changes...

and also , security level is retrived by the system from the following..

1) user level.

2) also roles which are given to the user , even ROLE will have key for security level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

Can you please let me know which one overrides, the users 'ROLE' or the level that is maintained in BBP_WFL_SECURITY (high, low, etc) ? Surely SAP is not going to keep roles ambiguous. It will definitely override one over the other depending on priority.

Thanks

Regards

Dip

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The standard system features the following authorization levels, which you can set in user maintenance (transaction SU01) or role maintenance (transaction PFCG) on the Personalization tab.

Note that user settings override role settings

Note: if the approver is assigned several roles, the system uses the highest authorization level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have faced the same problem in our SRM system (POs can be changed anytime by creator), we have raised an OSS message, I will give an update as soon as possible.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have received an answer from SAP:

PO changeability during approval can not be changed with BAdI methods.

--> BBP_WFL_SECURITY is not working for PO (to change behaviour for creator).

So there is no standard posibility to influence the PO behaviour for creator while the PO is in approval.

Best regards

Andreas

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is used only for shopping carts and not relevant for purchase orders....

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think it is just for the SC. It's generic and related to the WF restart.

Regards, IA

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Imthiaz is correct , i have seen the code , and this is considered at all places.

check Function Module -->

BBP_PDH_WFL_CHECK_RESTART for details