cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM Compare screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a problem in a case where the user (through web and not data manager) selects a few items to compare, and in the subsequent screen hits the short description of any of the selected items. Now the screen that appears has just 2 options - Add to SC and Add to Shopping List. There is no option / button to go back to the search result or the compare screen.

However, if we hit the short description from the search screen itself, the subsequent screen has the button which says "Back to search result". How can I get the same working in the compare screen as well?

Regards,

Lalit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

I've just checked the situation you describe and it works fine by me. I can see the button "return to search results" if I hit the short description out of the compare screen. The button works too.

I couldn't find any Customizing for this...

I'm using SRM MDM Catalog 2.0. Which version are you using?

BR,

Mircea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mircea,

I forgot to mention that at our end I am using a custom Short Description field due to limitation of characters. I created a field by the name 'Short Description' Code - MDMSRM_SHORT_DESCRIPTION and Type - Text Large (instead of type text as in standard field). At the same time, I renamed the standard field as Short Description2 and similarly its code as MDMSRM_SHORT_DESCRIPTION2. If you think this could be the cause of my problem, then can you suggest a workaround for this apart from reverting back to standard field?

Regards,

Lalit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

actually, since your Short Description Field has the same code with the "original" it should work fine. But it doesn't.

Sorry, but I can't think of an workaround for this...

If you can't return to the original field you could try modifing the webdynpro. It can't be really difficult coding/debugging, but still time/resources consuming.

But...there is also a MDMSRM_LONG_DESCRIPTION field. Do you really need that the Short Description so long?

You could try customizing the webdynpro for your users so, that thy actually use the Long Description instead of the short one.

Pls tell me which solution you will chose

BR,

Mircea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mircea,

I did try using the Long Description field but it seems that MDM system is sensitive to Short Description (seems to be mandatory in the custom display). For instance, if I choose long desc. then I am not able to select the item and order it. Even keeping the Short Desc as blank (for the sake of having it) did not prove helpful.

Regards,

Lalit

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalith,

That is only configration part, which ur SRM team can look into, when i checked with my SRM screen and compared couple of items I had delete and back to search button, but no button to 'add' or other that you find. What I mean to say is, it can be configured at portal side or r/3, being from MDM side i dont know exactly where it can be done but i think so you can consult ur SRM or ABAP consultants for the help.

Cheers,

Cherry.