Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having two scenarios:

1)First exposing a Web Service

2)Second consuming the Web Service

In the second scenario the flow is:

FILE<>BPM<>WebService.

My question is in the target SOAP channel(2 scenario) we need to give a Target URL, the message interface that needs to be mentioned in the target URL should be the one exposing the WebService OR the one consuming it?

Please guide me on this.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

target URL should be the the one consuming

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

for ur first scenario you have to define the Webservices.

Create Data Type, Message Type, Mesasge Interface, later in ID tools-->Define WebService

in the Soap Sender Adapter you have to specify the IM and the namespaces. You dont have to define any URL becouse the WebServices was defined in PI. The proper URL of the WS you defined is inside it.

Now if you want to send data to a WS in Desing you have to import the WSDL as external definition. to do it, you need the URL of Web Service. yo define this URL in SOAP receiver Channel

Thats the URL to define WS in PI

http://<Host>:<Port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:<Bussines_System>:<Communication Channel>.

Hope it Helps

Reward Points if userful please.

Thanks,

Rodrigo

Edited by: Rodrigo Pertierra on May 15, 2008 9:34 AM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am not wrong the Target URL has to be in the following format:

http://client.com:<port number>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:<Sender Business Service>:<Sender Communication Channel>&amp;

version=3.0&amp;Sender.Service=<Sender Business Service>&amp;Interface=<Namespace>%5E<Outbound Message Interface>

The Message Interface in the second scenario mentioned will be Inbound Synchronous at the target side.

If I am wrong with the URL format please give me the correct one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

If you are using target SOAP Receiver channel for target WebService, no need to specify the Message Interface name, only you have to specify the URL for accessing the WebService.

regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

if we are configuring soap adapter inreceiver side it is consuming webservice

Note: reward points if solution found helpfull

Regards

Chandrakanth.k