cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendors and Business Partners.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have no access to an SRM system and have a couple of things I need to clarify, if someone can answer the questions below it would be greatly appreciated.

1. As standard is it possible to indicate at a vendor level in ECC and transfer to SRM that the Purchase Orders for the vendor do not require receipting? i.e. the Purchase Order will be 2 way match for invoice processing and the GR flag will automatically not be assigned when the shopping cart is converted into a Purchase Order.

2. Are partner function assignments in ECC transferred into SRM? i.e. if I assign ordering addresses in ECC are these transferred into SRM?

3. How is the decision of which address to send a purchase order to made? For example if a supplier had two ordering addresses in addition to the normal address where does the purchase go?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a bad day, I thought I had got something wrong but had not, my original answer is correct.

Sorry for any confusion.

Dave.

Edited by: David Barber on May 15, 2008 12:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Dave, looks like developments are needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Don't what I am doing today.....

Item 1 is possible as standard.

There is a flag in SRM "Indicator: GR expected".

If you flag that in SRM it will do the job for you.

I don't think it is possible in ECC to turn off GRs by vendor though, that is where my confusion came from.

Regards,

Dave.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

1 - Not as standard. You can configure account assignment categories to determine if the PO requires receipt or not, but not at vendor level.

You could create a custom attribute in table T77OMATTR called "GR not required" and then store it on the vendors in the org plan in SRM.You can then use the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI to read this attribute and set the field GR_IND in ET_ITEM accordingly. This will turn off goods recipts for those items.

2 - No. Partners work a bit differently in SRM. How exactly depends on which scenario you use, classic or extended classic. If you use classic then partners do not work in SRM at all. They can be set up in ECC to default to different partners, but you can not select multiple. If you really want the functionality in classic, I did have an idea that has not been tested, let me know if you want details.

If you use extended classic and the PO therefore exists in SRM, you can select partners in the PO, but not based on the data in ECC, it is pretty much free choice. You could use the BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI to make sure the partners selected match those set up in ECC.

3 - This is entirely dependant on item 2. If there is more than 1 OA, you can not select it at all in the calssic scenario. If you use EC you can select as per the answer to 2.

Regards,

Dave.