cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

it is simple question still ple guide me.

I have two distribution channel and two division. ple explain how one should do the configuration for common distribution channel and common division. so that i can access master data & condition data at trans level smoothly.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shiv ,

follow thw the following path

display img --> salesa and distribution --> sales --> sales document -->sales document header --> assign sales area to sales document type

here you can define common division and commopn distributuion channel

regards

aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shiv

As u have written u have two distribution channel and two division

Suppose u have distribution channel as DC1, DC2 & division as D1, D2.

First u need to make customer & material (master data) in any one combination lets say

You are making Customer say XYZ in sales area 1000/DC1/D1 & same with material say PQR.

Now suppose u need to sell same material but through DC1 & D1, NOW HERE COMES CONCEPT OF COOMAN DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL & DIVISION.

So you go VOR1- COMMON DIS CHANNEL

VOR2- COMMON DIVISION

Do configuration here and save it

Hope it will solve your purpose

Don’t forget to reward points

Bye shiv

Tushar

SAP SD/BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know the use of common dist channel and common division. ple tell how we would do configuration.

i mean i have two dis channel suppose. once we enter in the screen " change view "org unit: Dist. Channel per Sales Org Assign master data"

there would be

SALES ORG DIST CH Dist CH Conditon Dist CH CUST/MAST

How i should enter the values.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can define that customer master records, which have been created for each sales organization for a distribution channel (or division), are also valid in other distribution channels (or divisions). As a result, you create and change customer master records that are required in different distribution channels or in different divisions only once. This makes it easier to create and change master records.

Note

You can also use the same function to process article master data and prices.

Activities

In the standard R/3 System, you can define common master data for the following:

• Distribution channels

In Customizing, you can specify other distribution channels in which the customer master data (and article master data and prices) from the reference distribution channel are also valid.

• Divisions

In Customizing, you can specify other divisions in which customer master data (and article master data and prices) from the reference division are also valid.

Prerequisites

You do this in Customizing for Master Data (Sales and Distribution) in the following activities:

• Define Common Distribution Channels

Define Common Divisions

Example

Customer master record has been created

Sales organization

Distribution channel

Customizing: Data is also valid for these distribution channels

You create a customer master record for the sales organization 0001 and distribution channel 01. In Customizing, you specify that this customer master data is valid for the distribution channel 02. When you process a sales order for a customer in the sales organization 0001 and distribution channel 02, the system uses the customer master data entered for distribution channel 01.

Leaving content frame

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shiv,

Under which distribution channel and which division you are maintaining or you are going to create master data & condition data that distribution channel and division you can take as reference.

Example:- You have A and B distribution channels & 1 and 2 divisions

If you are maintaining or you are going to create master data & condition data in A distribution channel and 1 division you take A distribution channel and 1 division as reference in the common distribution channels and divisions.

I hope it will clear for you

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to do only common division not for distribution channel

Assign all division to cross division in img then rise sales order for different division contain different material .

Check it

AHMED