cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIN:Excise utilization difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario where in excise invoices are posted regularly,but after posting we have created credit memos for adjusting the difference in the price (inturn ED also).Credit memos are issued to make up the difference in price.

Now when we go for utilzation(j2iun),we found that BED amt here is different from the amt shown in GL a/c.

Client is not interested in cancelling the excise invoice.

How can we set right the utilzation so that balances in j2iun and G/L a/c has same balance.

Please provide some solutuions.Thanks in advance.

Regards

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anand

In fact I forget to mention that if you are giving credit to customer, then in j1ih, you have to select "Additional excise". If you are debiting the customer, then only, you should select "Other adj" and also "Fortnightly Payment".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anand

For all excise related adjustments, you have to run j1ih, where you need to select "Other adj". Once you select this, it will ask for respective excise invoice, company code, plant. Give all the informations required and execute. Now you will have the option to key in the BED and other fields manually. Maintain what value should be given credit / debit and click on "Determine G/L Accounts".

Now the system will ask you to enter cost center against which the value should be adjusted. Enter the required data and save.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laksmipathi,

Thanks a lot for ur response.

Problem in using J1ih is ,we to select RG23 A/C/PLA.

So when we do j1ih,Dr. cenvat clearing and Cr to RG23A.Where as J1iin will hit RG1.This what my understanding.

So when we go to 'FBL3' and check the a/c balance ,this does not match with the J2iun balance.

Please guide me if wrong and sugest how to correct.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have explained the requirement with an eg.Please do go through.

Client says that the amount which is in J2IUN is of excess amount when compared to their payable GL's of BED, ECS and SECS

The main reason for this is they are using the credit memo Concept.

For example intially they rise a commercial invoice and excise invoice for the

Basic ammount is Rs. 1000

BED RS. 100

Ecs 10

Secs 5

For this commercial invoice they will send the excise invoice to the customer for the above amounts.

After some time they rise credit memo with refernce to the commercial Inovice For rs. 100

Automatically the corresponding excise duties will be recalculated. BEd Rs. 2

Ecs Rs. 1

Secs Rs.0.50

and posted to the corresponding GL accounts.

At this point of time he has not rising any excse invoice to te the corrected amount.

Finally my Gl bances of BEd will be showing Rs. 98.00

But my J2iun Fig will be Rs. 100

The client requirement is that J2IUN balance also should show Rs. 98.00 only.