cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is in Adobe Forms with ZCI "ActiveX" mandatory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am wondering if in ZCI Adobe Forms ActiveX is still necessary? I hoped it was not, because our customer doesn't allow ActiveX. I thought when I have a native Form in my Web Dynpro Java I would NOT need ActiveX Controls in the browser any more. I have the Adobe Lifecycle Designer 7.1 with the current patches/notes and NW04s SPS13.

Any hints/thoughts on that?

Kind regards and thanks,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Christoph

That is the WHOLE reason they developed ZCI...meaning "ZERO CLIENT INSTALL"....so they could get away from having users install Active X components on their workstations....which a lot of companies do not allow anyways....hence if SAP wanted folks to move to Adobe forms, they had to come up with something fast.....viola!.....ZCI. Make sense?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

When using ZCI Adobe forms, you dont need any activex installed on the client machine.

Below are the prerequisites for ZCI Adobe forms:

• NetWeaver 7.0 SP09 or higher

• NetWeaver 7.0 compatible Adobe Document Service (ADS)

• Reader 8.1 higher

• Adobe LiveCycle Desinger 7.1 patch level 1 or higher(Adobe LiveCycle Designer version "7, 1, 3129, 1, 296948")

Reward points if found helpful.

Regards,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arafat,

we have all that, I did the form conversion, but when I open the form in the IE, a popup pops up with "Allow ActiveX ...?".

My problem is still not solved.

Thanks,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Make sure that you have followed all the guidelines mentioned in the below note:

Note 1042394 - Updating Interactive Form template with ZCI capability

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arafat,

I did that note for an existing form. I also created a brand-new form with native Web Dynpro only as well. Still the ActiveX popup comes up in the browser.

There is another unanswered message for this topic.

So my summary:

"ZCI gets rid of the ACF installation on the client, but still needs ActiveX in the Browser." This is not good enough.

Thanks,

Christoph

Edited by: Christoph Koch on May 16, 2008 10:49 AM