Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP program executed on application server

former_member480606
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

my goal is to send a file from HOST (AS400) to a SAP using a batch program in order to see it from AL11 transaction.

I found the standard program RSFTP* that use Function Module FTP*.

In particular If I execute the standard program RSFTP003 online (on presentation server) it works right but If I execute it on batch it doesn't work with error:

RFC to program SAPFTP failed E205(04).

Is this the only way to reach my goal?

Do you have any suggestions?

Gino

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member480606
Participant
0 Kudos

I found the solution reading other threads:

- I have to choose SAPFTPA for RFC destination when I execute the program in background mode.

- I have to choose SAPFTP for RFC destination when I execute the program in foregrpound mode.

Gino

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're a legend to find this solution, Gino. I've searched google, SAP Notes, and finally found your solution here. Many thanks for posting.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are willing to Place the File first on your desktop and then next to AL11 means

1) goto SXDA_TOOLS Transaction code

2) Provide the Following details

Object Type : DXPROJECT

Program Type: BAPI

Program/Method: CREATE

3) Click on Copy Button

4) Select the Source as Presentation Server

a) Select the File where you saved in your Local machine

5) Select the Target as Application server

a) Check the check box Remote Server

b) Select the File type as Physical

c) In File name give /usr/sap/SSD/DVEBMGS00/work\Your file name (This the Server path

Where the file is going to save)

6) Click on Continue

Go to AL11 and check whether the File has been create in the following path /usr/sap/SSD/DVEBMGS00/work

Provide this path in the Communication channel path when you select the Transport Protocol as NFS and you place the file in AL11 directory.

Regards

Seshagiri

former_member480606
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri,

thank you for your fast reply but maybe I didn't explain very well:

I don't want to save the file on my desktop (or on any other local file): I have to receive the file directly on application server in which I can execute my program in a batch way.

Do you have other suggestions please?

Gino