cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE input fields - Blackberry input fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm developing a webdynpro application which has to be executed on Blackberry.

When I fill in the inputfields via Internet Explorer, all values are passed through to CRM.

When I fill in the inputfields via Blackberry, in some of my screens the values aren't passed through to CRM. I presume it has nothing to do with our coding since it works perfectly via IE.

Has anyone else also encountered an issue like this?

Thanks & kind regards

Allan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allan,

Some time we can get these types of unknown errors with blackberries. Try to use the updated versions of blackberry in this scenario. May be coz of the oldest version, you can get these type of errors. I too once faced input field issue values gets disabled once we give the input.

GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathishkumar!

Yes... It's strange.

But I think I found a workaround for this type of problems: on blackberry you better use the Pie(03)Client protocol; with this protocol eg. read-only fields are rendered correctly instead of wml which just renders all fields as "inputfields".

With these protocols I haven't encountered the "no-input" problem.

Question is,... Will the whole application be rendered useless when SAP changes these protocols...?

Kind regards,

Allan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

Apparently it's due to the WML protocol, since when we use Pie03Client protocol, we haven't encountered errors or issues anymore.

Has anyone encountered this WML-inputfields-issue?

And does anyone know if the Pie03Client protocol will still be supported in the future by SAP?

Kind regards,

Allan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

Sorry for the delay. I got some work.

Well, Thanks for the infm abt Pie03Client.

Now i am looking on this..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/44/7a5e759bac3abfe10000000a155369/content.htm

did u see this...

GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link Sathishkumar.

Though I'm already doing that (using forced rendering: Pie03Client) and it works properly.

I'm just not sure what will happen in the future; will it still be the same?

Perhaps someone who works at SAP can answer this question?

Thanks & kind regards

Allan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allan,

I was getting not well-formed error from starting itself whenever I tried to run any WD application in Blackberry.So searching through many threads I found some ways to skip WML validation itself. Though my problem is entirely different with what you are facing, try by skipping WML validation. We can skip WML validation by following what is suggested in SAP note 903562. Following is the snippet of this note :

WML Validation can be turned off by adding the following line in MDS config file: rimpublic.property
transcoder.wml.validation=none
Also set validation to "none" for WML-transcoder (vnd.wap.wml-class) in file httpcontenttranscoderslist.xml (in the end of the file). The file is in the same directory as rimpublic.property

Note: This may not work for BES 4.0. The server needs to be upgraded to SP2 and Hot fix 1 needs to be applied (for details, check the Blackberry site documentation)

I do not know whether this solution will help you or not. Nevertheless you can give it a try.

Regards,

Gopal