cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Oracle in MII 12.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had gone through the blog by Abesh for configuring sql in MII 12.0. similarly what is the procedure for configuring oracle in MII 12.0 .What are the fields that should be taken care of for url

jdbc:inetdae:localhost:1433?database=db&sql7=true

is it same as MII 11.5 replacing localhost with servername and db by name of database

Does this also require any import of jar files .

Is configuring data servers in MII 12.0 very different as done in MII 11.5

Thanks & Regards

Namita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried restarting the NW instance just to make sure the jar file is fully loaded - this could rule out any oddities related to clustering, etc.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

I am not sure the jar files which are required for oracle 9i

and the changes to be made in server url while configuring oracle database with MII 12.0

Best Regards

Namita

prasanna_vittal
Participant
0 Kudos

Namita,

For Oracle, You have to first download the proper jdbc driver and Upload and Deploy it on the xMII Portal. The Parameters to Configure are:

Connector : IDBC

JDBC Driver: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Username:<oracle user name>

Password:<oracle user password>

Server URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@<Oracle DB Host String>:<port>:<Oracle-SID>

You can also use IP address of the system where oracle is installed in place of OracleDB Host String. If the DB is in xMII server, you can write "localhost" in place of Oracle DB Host String.

There are no differences in server config between 11.5 and 12.0.

Regards,

Prasanna

Edited by: Prasanna Vittal on May 15, 2008 3:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are these drivers same as sql JDBC drivers ?

prasanna_vittal
Participant
0 Kudos

No, there are different jdbc drivers for MS SQL DB and Oracle DB. Infact there are different jdbc drivers for different versions of oracle. Which version of oracle are you using? You can find the drivers by googling the version name.