Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to decide no. of User ids required based on no. of users ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to decide No. of User Ids required based on No. of Users.

Mostly multiple logons will be there for every module respectively.

Can somebody give some suggestions to decide on the same ?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cheenu,

1 end user = 1 user ID in SAP

Anything else will likely contravene your licence agreement. Do not have users sharing ID's.

Additionally you will lose any audit trail of document updates etc.

Anything else is really not recommended.

Cheers

alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes.. you should have 1 user - 1 SAP user ID. However, you can have shared IDs in Sandbox, and Test environments. Please check your licensing agreement and the system in which you are trying to create the IDs.

Rgds,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

very much agreed with previous comments:

1 Person = ID

However, working at chemical industries at 24/7, we have a licence agreement for light users working in shifts: e.g Production Foreman, Senior Controller, Controller,

which are shared among the 3 shifts. Those authorisations are limited controlling activities while a person with a full userid is available to act on changes or problems.

Regarding the auditing of change documents:

Via a shift schedule, you can always identify who was using a particular SAP-ID during which time frame.

Success

K. Bünning

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In the first place i would go for 25% user licenses based on the total work force of a site. Normally my experience is that most of the users are allocated to the Plant Maitenance and Material management module (purchasing etc). Then accounting and further on Sales and Warehousing.

But these are just basic figures.

0 Kudos

And that approach is Completely in violation with the SAP License aggrement, would suggest to read you Companies Contract with SAP before doing this kind of thing!!!