cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer files / content via XI into KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello XI/PI experts,

I'm searching for a solution for transfering files or content directly into KM with XI. The smallest solution is to transfer the file with ther file-adapter to a specified folder and mapping the folder with a km repositority manager into km. But we want to push the files directly into km, that the files are stored in DB and not on file system. How is this possible with XI? Is there a special KM-adapter or how can we relize that?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steffen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steffen

Why dont you go for following scenario -->

LegacySystem --> Sender File Adapter --> XI --> Rec. JDBC Adapter --> KM

JDBC adapter can actually insert the data directly in KM databases ( if you have direct access for them ).

Another solution is to actually create a wrapper RFC which will accept the data in KM & then pushes them into DB.

- Lalit -

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u can use java proxy

XI --> KM (Java Proxy)

use the KM APIs to push the data into the km repositories.

rgds

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

hm directly via JDBC... I really don't know the data structure of the KM-objects ...

What's about a solution using this new KM-Webservice-API? Would that be possible? Connecting via webservice from the XI to the KM?

Java Proxy: how to do that or how can we connect XI to the KM-API? I'm sorry my XI experience is not the best

Edited by: Steffen Frech on May 15, 2008 11:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

thanks for your answers, the proxy solution sounds good. So from your point of view it is possible to connect to the KM-API in such a Java-Proxy? I just used the KM-API in a Java WD before, there it of course works, but I didn't know that it also works outside WDs on the same portal.

What's the better solution: using the Km-API via proxy or using the KM-Webservice-API?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

KM api code will work from Java proxy also... in the similar compared to the webdynpro

Yes you can create a webservice in KM and consume it from XI...but performance will be better for proxy.

rgds

Arun

Answers (0)