cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro application without SAP Logon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to run my Webdynpro application without asking for the SAP logon. It should be something like a portal user, where the windows logon acts as the login to the system. Or we have a few ASP applications running on the portal which call RFCs that return the result. Can I achieve something similar in webdynpro?

Regards,

Abdullah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved using portal SSO. created iview for application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi abdullah......

[link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/2232900bb93fece10000000a11466f/content.htm]

---regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I tried single sign on too. When I give the url in the browser, I get the following error: No switch to HTTPS occurred, so it is not secure to send a password and I have to give a username password for logon.

Regards,

Abdullah

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No switch to HTTPS occurred, so it is not secure to send a password and I have to give a username password for logon.

Well then you haven't configured the system correctly yet. You do need to install a server certificate (it can be self signed) and set the profile parameters for SSO. If you want total SSO without any logon prompt, they you really need the portal to be your certificate generator. The portal can generate your SSO ticket off of external authentication - like Windows Intergrated Authentication via SPNEGO. However this functionality is all built into the JEE side and is a function of the portal. The best you can do with standalone ABAP SSO is prompt the user once for authentication and then then generate a ticket off of that.

The only exception is if you are launching your WDA standalone from the SAPGUI. The SAPGUI can generate an SSO ticket off of the SAP logon (SY-UNAME) for use only with the local system. This is how you can run WD applications from SE80 and not be prompted for authentication.