cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free goods determination from material determination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have one issue for you,

My scenario is:

we issue freee goods 1:1. i configured free goods setting and maintained VBN1 (condition records for free goods). i even maintained material determination configuration settings and maintained VB11 (condition records for material determination). The problem is system proposing free goods automatically when i process sales order without material determination list, if i go through material determination list system not determining free goods nor giving any message. what is the system behaviour if we go through material sustitution list to free goods. the main item (for free goods)will be existed in the substitutiion list. plez help. any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

thanks,

sada

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please consider the two issues separately. Don't club both the issues. If you have records for both material determination and free goods.,

1. Whether the material substitution is happening perfectly (as per the records created in VB11) or not.

Next.,

2. check whether the free goods are determined for the material in the sales order line item (as per the records created in VBN1) or not.

Please check and post the result.

Sometimes the freegoods will be determined in the sales order but will not create any second line item(as sub item) because while creating the records in VBN1 if you select the option 'Free goods Inclusive without line item generation. In this case NRAB condition type will be determined instead of R100.

So, also check the conditions tab and see whether the entire quantity is priced or not.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you enter the material in the sales order(while creating order in VA01), the system first checks for the material substitution records for that material. If it exists then the material will be substituted with the other material.

In the next step it checks for the listing and exclusion records for that substituted/determined material.

Then it looks for free goods determination and pricing etc.,

There is no relation between Free goods determination and material substitution. For that matter, you need not maintain a Material Master Record for the material entered. The system will not give you any message for not having the MMR for that material, if you are maintaining a material detrmination record for that material.

Hope this is helpful to you...

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ravi thanks to reply,

but without material determination system taking free goods and frin material substitution list you select a material which has condition records for free goods system ignoring.... think any suggestion

sada.