cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i have a query. i want to know wht is the exact difference between base unit of measure and sale unit in material master data.

i want to know the meaning of base unit of measure. is it the unit of measure in which the material is produced or managed.

if it is managed wht exactly it means.

thanks in advance

regards

rag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tarun

there is no much difference what they produced and what they managed.its very simple. they can manage material what they produced. right

if base unit of mesure and sales unit differs it will give the error.

thats why when enter sales unit you have to give the conversion factor.then system can understand 1 bag = somany pcs.

I hope you understood.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Base Unit of Measure:

Unit of measure in which the stock of a material is managed.

The system converts all quantities entered in other units into the base unit of measure. In Inventory Management, the base unit is the same as the stockkeeping unit.

Sales Unit:

Unit of measure in which a material is sold. Several alternative sales units of measure can be defined for one material.

A conversion factor allows the system to refer to the base unit of measure.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

Base Unit of Measure

Unit of measure in which stocks of the material are managed. The system converts all the quantities you enter in other units of measure (alternative units of measure) to the base unit of measure.

Procedure

You define the base unit of measure and also alternative units of measure and their conversion factors in the material master record.

Dependencies

Since all data is updated in the base unit of measure, your entry is particularly important for the conversion of alternative units of measure. A quantity in the alternative unit of measure can only be shown precisely if its value can be shown with the decimal places available. To ensure this, please note the following:

The base unit of measure is the unit satisfying the highest necessary requirement for precision.

The conversion of alternative units of measure to the base unit should result in simple decimal fractions (not, for example, 1/3 = 0.333...).

Inventory Management

In Inventory Management, the base unit of measure is the same as the stockkeeping unit.

Sales unit

Unit of measure in which the material is sold.

Procedure

Enter a value in this field only if you want to use a unit of measure differing from the base unit of measure.

If the field does not contain an entry, the system will assume that the unit of measure is the base unit of measure.

Use

The value that you define in the material master record is proposed in other transactions/events, where it can be changed.

Regards

Sasikanth.Ch