cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting a record in qualified looup table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using MDM 5.5 SP6. I have table structure like this.

Table name:

Representative (main table)

Fields:

Name Text

Age Integer

Voter ID Text

Gender Lookup[flat]

PostandLocation Lookup[Qualified](Multi-valued) --> It refers qualified table 'Post_and_Location'.

Post_and_Location (Qualified table)

Fields:

Position Lookup[flat]

Location Lookup[Hierarchy](multi-valued) --> It refers hierarchy table 'Locations'

Locations (Hierarchy table)

Fields:

State Lookup[flat]

District Lookup[flat]

City Text

Here, I need add representative details in main table 'representative' using Java API. In webdynpro UI, I will give Name, age,voterid,gender,position, city,district, state.

Here I am struggling that how to lookup hieararchy table value in qualified lookup table(Post_and_Location). How can I achieve this?.Please help me.

I am more happy to give more information regarding this, if anybody needs.

Thanks,

Venkatesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I can think of is probably open up a 'cumulative' window for State, City, District... so when user clicks on a button next to either of these, you build a table tree element fetching data dynamically.

Finally, when user drills down to corresponding row (child) you can trap and fill the State City And District...

Let me know what you think...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharti,

Thanks for your quick reply. Here I need more explanation on, how to lookup hierarchy table(Location) record in Qualified lookup table (Post_and_Location) using java API. I need more explanation in Java API regarding this.

Because, As per our scenario, Qualified table(Post_and_Location) have a field called 'Location'(type Lookup[Hierarchy](multi-valued)). It looks up Hieararchy table(Locations).

Here, while adding new representative in main table(representative), I need to lookup qualified table(Post_and_Location) record for the field 'PostandLocation' in main table(representative). And also, I need to lookup hierarchy table(Location) record for the field 'Location' in Qualified table.

If you get confuse, please check my table structure above in this thread. If you need more info, I will provide. Please help me to achive this.

Thanks,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to make sure we are on same platform, I can understand you are creating a record.. now while creating this record, do you need to make sure that values in look up and hieracrhy already exist.. or do you want to add that as well in look up tables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharti,

You are right. Hierarchy table(Locations) has values already. While I am creating record, I need to lookup heirarchy table record in qualified table(Post_and_Locations) and also lookup qualified table record in main table(Representative) using java API.

Thanks,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got your point. Refer this link for some information on commands for fetching hier

/people/robert.herbert/blog/2007/12/03/how-to-export-mdm-hierarchy-structures-in-xml-using-mdm-javaapi

This blog coverts the value in xml format. Use similar stuf to build UI tree.

Once you have the tree built on UI, user can select the values (which are obviously legal as they are coming from MDM) in tree table UI element...

Answers (0)