SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emigall - Parameters for data import - Server Name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use Emigall for migration. As per the documentation in SAP I have to set the parameters for data import. One of the parameter is DIA Remote Server. This is Remote server of migration path dialog. There is a F4 help which gives a single value "sapbdc_BDC_00" I tried finding help as to what should be entered here. I am not able to find any configuration for this field. Could somebody direct me as to where I can get more help to understand what this field should contain. I know the servers are identified by ip address but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Regards

Vaibhav

3 REPLIES 3

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is simply the application server on which the migration job will be run.

For DIA, this is typically just the server you're logged on to, so it doesn't really matter that much, for background this field needs to be filled in (in your case, just accept the only proposed value).

It's only really useful if you're running on a system with multiple application server where one is for example reserved for mass-activity and an other for end-user activity. In that case you might want to specify the mass-activity server as default emigall server.

Hope this clarifies it!

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vaibhav,

there is no need to maintain this field , u can skip this field .

if any help needed regarding emigall,u can contact .

Thanx & Rgds

Rohan Sharma

Edited by: Rohan kumar on Jul 16, 2008 6:07 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Rohan ,

I am having issue when i am creating a file name in data import :

When am creating a File name in Data import screen.

The process which i had done is :

I had copied the Migration object DEVICE from std SAP to my company ZTEST and generated the report for this from menu option Migration object --> Generate Report . After that i had selected the option Data import from the same menu option .

In the Data import screen i had selected radibutton Batch Wrork porc and in the Import file tab i had given the file name as DEVICE.ZDE and pressed the create .When i pressed create the following message is appearing :

"Error Opening the file DEVICE.ZDE" .

if I see the detailed help it is showing the following message :

Error opening file DEVICE.ZDE

Message no. EM022

Diagnosis

File DEVICE.ZDE could not be opened.

Procedure

Check the file name and ensure that the file is not being used in another way.

pls provide me the solution for the above Issue ASAP.

Regards,

Bharat