cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setin CS for DMS ( SAP DB) not file system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum..

I wud like to configure CS to my DMS to chk in /chkout originals which i hav to do it from 3rd party system.For this i'm using a BAPI.

My clint req is he wanted to save documents in SAP DB( Not file system)

My questions r:

1. wat r the necessary config steps tht i hav to follwo ?

2. for this,Do i need to create Any Ztable ?

Thanks In Advance.

P.S: Use ful answer will be rewarded.

Rgds,

VIjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

From your query I understood that client requires,document to be stored in SAP Data base not in Kpro storage.

1st thing you try to convince client saying the advantage of using Kpro storege has it is recommended by SAP. i.e Implementing SAP DMS is best using Kpro to manage content storage. you get lot of feature such as readlining, automatic check in and original with N no. of originals with N additional files & N numbers of content version is possible.

Where as in SAP DB storage: Minimum (two) numbers original with only minimum additional files possible.

In customization: using T code DC10 choose document type, select new entry & check for Use Kpro. If not require then deselect it.

Regards,

Seema Pilankar,

If it useful plz reward me the points.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

To achieve storage of documents in SAP Database as per your clients requirement you need not use Content Server thru KPro.

Also, there is no need of adding any Z table or any other configurations,

*Just goto DC10, Uncheck box indicating Use Kpro and to maintain SAP Database in place of CS, just go below to File Size option and enter the size required in SAP Database (for ex:9999999999 which is max. size you can allot).

Save your settings and then create/change the DIR, try to check-in the document where instead of showing KPro storage categories (ex: DMS_C1_ST), options related to SAP storage categories are displayed, from storage categories like

• Vault, Archieve n SAP DB* select SAP DB and all the storage takes place in SAP Database.

When you are using Content Server with KPro, even if you are maintaining file size with some values only KPro will work as storage category

Thank You,

Manoj

Pl. reward if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

With the help of kpro also your file will store on sapdb,

kpro provide you additonal functionality which Seema has mentioned.

first install the content server onm any unix or windows platform and configure it by csadmin.

for this I dont thing there is any need of Z table.

thanks

regards,

nitin

award point if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Remove Kpro check box from ur customization from all ur document types, then system doesnt ask u the storage category, docuemnt will be saved in ur sap database.

Regards

sham