cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Watch Alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there's a functionality available with EWA (early watch alert) of Solution Manager in determining the "availability" of one system?

Is there anything that we need to configure to come-up with this functionality?

Appreciate all your immediate feedback. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey this is a very good doc on Solution manager with its operations and functionality, Check out.

http://www.sap.com/korea/services/pdf/2_Solman%204.0%20Delta.pdf

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

Thanks for the information you have provided. However, what I really need is the EWA set-up configuration. I am actually having problem with setting up my EWA in our satellite system as well as in our solution manager.

I tried to create an RFC in solution manager via smsy. This rfc will be use by our satellite system going to solution manager. It is in named form SM<sid>CLNT100_BACK. This is the rfc created automatically using the wizard I used in our solution manager. However, when I tried to configure it in SDCCN in the satellite system and check its "test connection" the it says in the log that the partner define was not able to reach. How come that the connection was failed? I cant even add this rfc in SDCCN.

Do you have any idea why I am getting that error? Appreciate your feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jaypee

first update your saint.

run report RTCCTOOL by se38.

and chk report results

then after run smsy and fill all data when u create new server like

-- Maintain Technical data

-- database Technical data

-- enter technical server name

-- maintain transport domin in header data

-- maintain servers client information

then use wizard to create logical components

select your server as logical component

then create RFC usin Wizard

-- Select Trusted System RFC connection

-- mentioned option as generate username and password

and give username of ur solman this is for outgoing RFC connection eg. solman<solmanID><client>.

for incoming RFC connection again same optiona and proper username which u created eg. solman<SID>.

tick mark for Assign RFC connection for system monitoring.

chk this and revert.