cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.1 Trial: Error during installation of Mindb and Mobile Client

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

We are using a barcode scanner running on Windows Mobile 5.0. When I use the SP03 trial to install the mobile client, I get the following information for every application besides the CreMe (the error is shown on the barcode scanner):

The program you have installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile Software.

How is this possible and what does this mean? These applications state that they are supported on Windows Mobile 5.0.

I continue anyway but when I try to start the Mobile Client I get a pop-up stating Creme is starting, then running, then nothing. I read it can take up to 2 minutes to load the client so I gave it 10 minutes with no result.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times (everything, Creme, mindb, mobile client) and it doesn't work. I am using Active Sync 4.5.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

well, the issue with the installation message is: while you create an installer for WM5.0 and later, you have to insert a certificate, that this installer is correct, unchanged, reliable,.... Unfortunately this is sometimes not the case or the certificate is incorrect. Furthermore we need to be able to install MI on a PPC2003 device as well - so the installer has to be in an older version anyway.That is the reason for this message, but it does not do any harm.

As you restart the device, it will show up with this message for Creme that you get, and the window will close after a few seconds. That s correct and absolutely fine. Usually ou open a browser after that, and type the URL: http://localhost:4444 - then you should see the logon screen f MI.

If that is not hte case - please have a look intot the root folder of the PDA. You will find a file called something like JSCPOUT. Copy it to the local PC and open it there. It should give you an error message, why Creme is not working.Could be for example, you have missed to download the licensed version from NSICom and using a 30day trial version - and the trial period is over. SAP has a note where it describes how to get Creme fully licensed.

Hope that helps to get you any further!

Regards,

Oliver

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply. It is a Creme error. I tried the licensed version from SAP first, then tried the 30 day copy and neither works. They both have the same errors.

See the jscpout.txt

-

NSIcom Ltd., CrEme(tm)

CrE-ME J2ME(tm)

CrE-ME V4.12 B142.190307 19-March-2007

MemoryLimit=64000Kb

EBCI(TM) Interpreter V1.00,

Copyright 1998-2002 by Bytecodes, Inc.

2008-05-15 09:20:11 ... Thread: com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup Error: Error creating initial tables --> 2008-05-15 09:20:11 ... Thread: com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup Error: Error dropping initial tables -->

2008-05-15 09:20:14 ... Thread: com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup Error: Insert sql executation failed --> 2008-05-15 09:20:14 ... Thread: com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup Error: Error storing model -->

2008-05-15 09:20:15 ... Thread: com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup Fatal: Cannot initialize framework -->

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error storing model

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.meta.conthandler.MetaDeployTimeUtils.storeModel()

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.meta.conthandler.MetaDeployTimeUtils.deploySystemMBOs()

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.init.FrameworkInitializer.init()

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup.main()

Error starting the framework

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot initialize framework

CrEme jsPexit() called with status=1

-

Sorry for the bad formatting. Any help is appreciated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try downloading the latest creme version from the following site and then try the same:

"http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=289"

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it seems your CremeVersion could be a little old. That would explain why the table can not be created. But I would recommend to check the setup in total and try it with DB2e as well. There is an issue with the DB - as you can see from the trace - so in your case I would cncentrate on the correct setup in this area.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Oliver

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. I've just re-downloaded the licensed version for our Installation. Same problems.

-

NSIcom Ltd., CrEme(tm)

CrE-ME J2ME(tm)

CrE-ME V4.12 B142.190307 19-March-2007

MemoryLimit=64000Kb

EBCI(TM) Interpreter V1.00,

Copyright 1998-2002 by Bytecodes, Inc.

2008-05-15 11:24:35 ... Thread: com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup Error: Error dropping initial tables --> 2008-05-15 11:24:35 ... Thread: com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup Error: Error creating initial tables -->

2008-05-15 11:24:39 ... Thread: com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup Error: Insert sql executation failed --> 2008-05-15 11:24:39 ... Thread: com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup Error: Error storing model -->

2008-05-15 11:24:39 ... Thread: com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.pda.Startup Fatal: Cannot initialize framework -->

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error storing model

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.meta.conthandler.MetaDeployTimeUtils.storeModel()

at com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.meta.conthandler.MetaDeployTimeUtils.deploySystemMBOs()

Error starting the framework

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot initialize framework

CrEme jsPexit() called with status=1

-

This was working a few days ago..but we had to do it a few times. Is it a problem if the device has 2 synch relationships?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, no ide to be honest - but most likely not. The problem you see is while creating the local DB -

well, there I would look into. But on the other hand, it would help to delete one sync relationship for testing.

Regards,

Oliver

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all of the responses guys. The problem was the Mobile Client wasn't uninstalling properly (I had to reinstall to write up procedures). First I tried uninstalling the Mobile Client and then deleted the MI folder. This worked but let a Creme "ghost" program listed as waiting to be installed in Active Sync (add/remove programs). It was weird, it had a "|" at the end.

I wound up doing a reset of the device and then did the install and it worked perfectly. Thanks for all of the help! Especially showing me how to look for the error logs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George

You can ignore the error that comes up its nothing harm. With regards to starting of the client, once you get the message Creme loading and after sometime say around 30 seconds to 1 minute, you have to launch the startup.html file that is present within the bin directory of the MI Client. This will launch the client. In later SPS this behaviour has been modified and the client will launch auotmatically. If you get a page not found error then copy paste the contents of the jscpout.txt file in here.

Best Regards

Sivakumar