cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Getting Error Code and Description in Alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having trouble getting the Error code and Error description in the Alerts and we're having trouble getting a alert for message mapping exceptions. I have read through the BLOGs and the help on SAP. I'm not sure it is something to do with the configuration or SP14. We did not have these problems with SP12 at our other customer XI implementations.

Background -

We have setup an "XI Alert" classification with three Alert categories -"XI_Mapping_Error", "XI_Adapter_Error", "XI_Runtime_Error".

For the "XI_Mapping_Error" alert category, we have setup a rule so that any Integration Engine Application Mapping.* Error code will create an alert. However, when we have a mapping error in XI which we can see in MONI, we do not get an alert. The checkbox for "Suppress Multiple Alerts of this Rule" is not selected. I am not sure why we're not getting the alert.

For the "XI_Adapter_Error" alert category, we have setup a rule so that any Adapter Engine * adapter type will create an alert. The alert gets created - however, some of the container variables do not get poulated in the email. We have defined Container variables pointing to the corresponding ABAP data dictionary elements - i have double checked these definitions.

Here is an alert email - the Error Code (SXMS_ERROR_CODE - SXMSERRTX) and Error Category (SXMS_ERROR_CAT - SXMSERRCAT) are not being extracted:

-

Alert ID: ##23896##

Error Code =

Error Category =

Message ID = 1506eab0-6125-11da-9ba2-00505685 Time = 14:26:12 Date = 29.11.2005

Sender Party =

Sender Service = BS_CPI

Sender Interface = MI_CPI_INV_RFC_REQ_ABS

Receiver Party =

Receiver Service = BS_CPI

Receiver Interface =

-

We are not able to figure out why the Alert framework is not working correctly. We are running XI 3.0 SP 14 on Win2K, SQL 2000.

Anyone encounter these problems? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jay Malla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are some problems with SP 14 and the alert framework. We applied Note 876546 which triggered certain alerts that were not getting triggered. However, we're not getting the Error code and Error Description in some of the alerts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> There are some problems with SP 14 and the alert framework.

Very true! Join the team!

>> We applied Note 876546 which triggered certain alerts that were not getting triggered. However, we're not getting the Error code and Error Description in some of the alerts.

Jay, This note is specifically for a situation where the 'where did the error occur' set to No Restriction. I don't think anything else is included in this fix .01 to patch 0.9 of SPS 12 of XI 3.0!!!

My problem is that even the messageID variable is not getting replaced!!! In SP12 everything was perfect. After SP14, the errors are coming almost instantaneously to the inbox, but without any variable replacement.

Best of luck,

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're getting the variable replacement on Runtime errors when there is a mapping exception but we're not getting Error Code/Description in the Adapter error alert.

Regards,

Jay