cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 5.5 SP6 install and post-install config - SLDREG related question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've just installed MDM 5.5 SP6 on Oracle/Solaris and have the server running with no problems, repositories loaded, etc. I do receive the following error in the MDM Console which I understand to mean the sldreg utitlity cannot be found.

Error: Unable to register server in System Landscape Directory: Call to SLDREG Utility in /usr/sap/sldreg failed, Error = 0x100.

Set proper value for parameter 'SLDReg Utility Path' in server configuration file.

If you are not using SLD, set parameter 'SLD Registration' to false in server configuration file so that the server does not try to register with SLD. This will avoid this error in the future.

My questions are:

1. should there be an ABAP install on the same box which would create the file structure referenced above?

2. or can this parameter be set to look at a different /usr/sap directory?

3. Or can I just drop that utility in that directory ?

In other words, is there a recommendation to install an ABAP instance, thereby creating the referenced file structure on the same server as the MDM/Oracle instance? Or is there a workaround approach for this error.

Thanks in advance for your help

Glen Hoaglund

Basis Consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you do not install an ABAP instance on the same server as MDM. That setting is there in case you want to register the MDM system into a global system landscape directory on a seperate server. If you don't want to do that, then you have to open the mds.ini (found in the mdm home installation directory) and change the setting as described by the error message. Set the SLDReg to false. Otherwise, refer to reference guides for registering your MDM system with the SLD (not required).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. Is there a specific guide you are referencing? I do need to register MDM in an SLD but I haven't seen anything in the MDM reference material that explained the steps.

I do realize it can also be done from the SLD side, but just wanted to follow up in case you had more information. Thanks again.

Glen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

There is a document available in Service Market Place "HowToRegisterMDM_SLD_P22.pdf".

Please Refer this link:

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/installmdm -->Operations ---> MDM 5.5 - Monitoring Guides (ZIP File) in this Zip folder you will get "How To… Register MDM Servers in the SLD"

Hope it helps you,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Guru's,

I did followed the document mentioned above and it created sld.xml in the MDM_HOME directory but still on the SLD side we cant see the MDM server and we also dont have sld.log

any help to troubleshoot this will be appreciated.

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any news on this ? I wasn't able to register our MDM, too.