Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold to Party Error in VL01n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is my first time here.

I have created my own sales area (1040/ZM/ZM), own cust (146), own material (4919) In IDES and am now trying to create a sales order after confirguring the system.It allows me to save a sales order(sales order no:1000200010 )but when i try doing a VL01n it gives an incompletion log saying sold to party..when i try to complete it nothing come up and i get a msg saying "Required function KAGU is not available here ".i am not able to understand where the problem as it just says sold to party incomplete.I did check and all assignments seem to be in place.

Could someone please tell why i get this error and how to go about resolving it.

Thanks,

Molly.

Edited by: Molly Mandal on May 15, 2008 12:09 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Molly, based on your last post (Sales incompletion for sold to)

That sounds too wierd. The system you are on sounds like it has a lot of "issues". Sold To should not cause an incompletion log, it's a hard error on the sales doc.

Somone's probably got custom code, field exits, etc they are playing around with and it's messing you all up.

My suggestion, if you can, is start on a cleaner client

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i think u have created your own partner functions like SP,SH.BP,PY

if so then u have to do partner determination for sales header, delivery etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done partner determination for delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also done it in sales doc header

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

please check in partner determination procedure.

in partner functions whether u have checked sold to party partner type as "KU"

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Molly,

-->Check the partner determination procedure in the sales document item level also.

-->Check partner functions correct in the sales order header level and item level.

-->Check the incompletion procedure fields in the in icompletion procedure which was assigned to your document type at header level and at item level.

If you foun any unusefull field remove those fields from the Incompletion procedure.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Checked all areas and now when i try creating a sales order it gives incompletion log in header data in partners saying missing data:Sold to party but when i go to header details and check partner functions the sold to party is assigned with the cust no.

Please let me know what to do.

Thanks,

Molly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant if you have access to an IDES system you can chk sales order no 1000200010.

Thanks

Molly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried assigning a new partner determination procedure after deleting the old one and assigning it to the same account group but it still gives the same error.So I tried creating a new account group and new partner determination procedure and it has resolved the issue.Seems a problem with the account group.

Thanks a lot for all your help.Will definately approach you guys if i get lost again!

Molly.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please do Partner determination for Delivery also - as you have done it for customer and sales document.

Thanks,

Ravi

If you feel that the answer helps to solve your issue, express your thanks by assigning points(left side of the screen). THis contributes to the World Food Program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mallo

It may be the problem with bases you just check in t-code SE16 put header table VBAK put your sales order no I that excut and check sold to party is their or not.

Plz let me know

Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ahmed i do see the KUNNR field in VBAK with my customer no or sold to party.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you made any changes in using routines for copy controls between order and delivery document in VTLA. Please check.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

kindly further expand the log and check if any further error message is given and also check the account group and wether the partner function is assigned to account group....

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not used any routines in copy control..it simple assignments...i am very new to SD and hence just trying to do a small project on my own.Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to VD03 and check in Sales area data  Partners .

Check whether you have all partners there Sold to party /Ship to party /Bill to party / Payer.

Thanks,

T.Nishanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the partners are assigned..

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If your SP and SH are same, then try to fill as many fields as possible in the SHIPPING tab and try again to create the delivery.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried Ravi...not working..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOTO XD02 AND ENTER U R CUSTOMER NUMBER THEN SELECT SALES AREA SCREEN AND PARTNER FUNCTIONS TAB PAGE

CHEK WHETHER ANY SHIP TO PARTY EXIXTS IF NOT ADD SHIP TO PARTY IN THE PARTNER FUNCTIONS

Former Member
0 Kudos

All partners have been assigned prashant ..

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The system might be checking for some data from the Customer master record of the SP and found incomplete for certain fields. But normally it should look for the SH records.

This is only a clue...

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah Ravi that is what i think too but am not able to comprehend what data is missing as i have compared with other cust data and everything seems to be OK.

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Molly,

Please check the partner determination precedure assignment for the Delivery in tghe IMG and prtner functions in the Delivery partner determination procedure.

-->Make sure that Sold -to party and Ship to party need to be asigned to the procedure.

-->Sold-to-party need to check not Modifiable

-->Ship to party need check not Modifiable and Mandatory function(This should in display mode)

I hope it will help you

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murali..i shall try and let you know..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I did check and all the assignments under partner determination for deleveries is correct but i still get the same error.Infact i get this error while saving my sales order as it does allow me to save but says document incomplete and same sold to party.

Thanks,

Molly.