cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner func

Former Member
0 Kudos

Existing scenario can choose from drop down customer or third party and automatically ship to address gets updated with the same as bill to.

Trying to accommodate this scenario in SAP, what are the options I have? Created 4 new partner funs for customer and third party (BP and SH each), any further steps or approach ? acct grp, partner det procedure, how to tie SH to BP?thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uma,

Explain it little better

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically I have to provide an option to user to choose from different options of Bill to in sales order.

Scenario is a 'Bill to' can be customer, can be the company themself providing services, can be a 3rd party customer who gets invoice and the 3rd party later provides invoice to the customer.

Once they choose 3rd party, list should show all the 3rd party customer address to choose from.

I was thinking of differentiating BP using partner type (customer- customer, company- internal, 3rd- vendor or customer), but still how can i give options in sales order to choose from? Do u think I shud create 3 different partner functions differentiated by partner type (partner type also decides partner number, right? what is the relationship?) or can maybe maintain all under BP and use search term to differentiate them.

Any ideas, any thoughts to do this better way. Thanks in advance.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uma,

I advise you not to use different partner types as they are relevant for external messages like IDOCs.

For all the PFs in SD, we shoudl use only the partner type Customer.

For your case,

You only have to create 3partner functions namely BP-Customer, BP-Company, BP-3rd party. Maintain these as optional so that you dont need to fill the value for unnecessary PF.

You have to create masters for your company or 3rd parties who can play the role of BP. Company shoudl be created as a customer with proper customer number and address.

Again, you will not have the option of choosing the address, you will only have the option choosing the right customer NUMBER.

I hope this helps you

Pls reward if this helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navaneetha,

Thanks for quick response.

I am little confused. Say for eg: I maintain my master customer as SP/SH/BP/PY, which has a customer number and address. So you are saying for other 2 BP's (3rd party, company itself) create customer master under BP account group and assign to BP partner determination procedure, which gives a customer number and assign it to the main customer master. In sales order, user has to choose the desired BP based on customer number or search term? the problem is user may not know which one is 3rd party and which is customer? how can we differentiate it?

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the problem is user may not know which one is 3rd party and which is customer? how can we differentiate it?

You have to differentiate a 3rd party from a company from a normal customer, by means of 3 PFs for BP.Thats where I told you to create 3 partner functions.

BP---Customer

BP---Company

BP---3rd party.

Assign all these to respective account groups (you may even create 3 different account groups for each of these PFs) and create masterdata of these partners.

Now while selecting, you should be able to differentiate and hence the user can select teh right partner.

Hope this is clear now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you are saying, user can differentiate based on the naming of partner function.

Yes i have created 3 BP's as you said . I think it would be necessary to create them under different individual account group becos that way when user chooses one particular partner func in sales order, for eg: BP- 3rd party, then the drop down would show only those customers created under that account group which wud be specific to 3rd party, right? or else if i use a common acct group, then i may have to use search term.

Thanks much for you help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i want to overwrite the BP number by SH number in sales order, then do i have to assign the SH also to the account group, in order to be accepted in sales order? sales doc is already configured for all partners.

I think it is not possible to overwrite the BP with any number/address, unless it is set up as a one time customer. right? Just wondering if the user can enter a new customer as SH at the counter directly?how to set it?. thanks.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uma,

Except for sold to party, no other partner function can function as itself and some other partner also.

That means a SH cannot function as a BP,

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

What if I create an acct group for both BP/SH customers under it?

So that I can interchangeably use them in sales order.

Answers (0)