cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM Security based Key Mapping Inputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we restrict access based on Key Mapping Inputs for different systems? Example – The person who is maintaining Key mapping for SYSTEM1 should not be allowed to maintain key mapping for SYSTEM2.

Detail Example -

SAP Material Number - 10000

System1 Material Number - 50000 ref to SAP Material 10000

System2 Material Number - 50001 ref to SAP Material 10000

These information is maintained in key mapping of MDM Data Manager

Material RemoteSystem Key

10000 System1 50000

10000 System2 50001

Person XYZ1 is assigned for maintaing key for System1 but not for System2 and visa-versa. Can we maintain such restrictions in MDM system? Any workaround, if possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tricky one... well have to custom development for sure for this... I have highlighted higher level soln... the code level data you can get after searching in forums... I think the only soln is to somehow show system relevant records to the user...

So if we have 2 systems S1, S2 and respectively we have 2 users A and B having access to those, then when what my soln is that A can see records relevant to S1 only (and not S2)! So, under no way, can he edit the records for S2 coz he has no access.

I am assuming 2 diff roles for 2 diff systems

1. Use Java APIs for fetching records remote system wise

2. /people/sap.user72/blog/2006/05/01/use-mdm4j-to-automatically-update-a-mask

Refer above blog to assign records to a mask

3. Goto console -> Roles -> Tables and Fields -> Masks -> (in constraints choose the mask for this role)

let me know if this suits you... if not explain a bit more..

Edited by: Devashish Bharti on May 15, 2008 4:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

s you want thisinformation is to be maintained in key mapping of MDM Data Manager

10000 System1 50000

10000 System2 50001

This is Possible if Material Field is available in both System1 and System2.

e.g. System1 File contains :

Material Key

10000 50000

System2 File contains :

Material Key

10000 50001

For this In MDM Console you have to Do Key Mapping = Yes for the Table .Also, Create two remote Systems say System1 and System2 under Remote Systems in MDM Console.

Then During Import Manager, Select Remote System = System1 and Select System1 file, In Map field values Map Source Material field with Target Material which is a display field in the Repository table and Source Key field with target{Remote system}.

Then in match Records Tab, select only Matching field as Material Here u get Create option

After executing import, a record is created with Material 10000 in Data Manager, in Edit Key Mappings you will find

10000 System1 50000

Using same procedure , Again in MDM import Manager, when u again import record with Remote System = System2 and System2 file. Here u get option Update Mapped All Fields

After Import Execution, in Data Manager there is one record only with Material 10000, but in edit key Mappings you will see

10000 System1 50000

10000 System2 50001

Hope it helps you, if this is your exact requirement.

Mandeep Saini

Edited by: Mandeep Saini on May 15, 2008 3:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't think of a good way to do this with security roles. A (bad) workaround would be to have a qualified lookup table on the data model which represents the key mappings. You could put security around the values that the user is able to select (ie: the remote system) via table "constraints" on the lookup table that the qualified lookup table references for the remote systems. Then you could syndicate out the key mappings on a semi regular basis, and have the import server read them back into the key mappings.

Obviously that's a silly idea, but it's the only thing I can think of, because you can't build "constraints" around the key mappings table in the security roles as far as I can tell.

If anyone knows how to do it though, I'd like to hear