Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Background Jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any batch/background jobs that should be scheduled for security purposes? I know of one but this is only if hr structural authorization is implemented but we are not using it.

Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would schedule to run the mass comparison program - RHAUTUPD_NEW - every hour if possible. If not then perhaps every 4 hours.

0 Kudos

Hi JC,

don't you think an hourly run of rhautupd_new creates only system load w/o real benefit?

If you have a look at the report - its function is to assign profiles for assigned roles to users.

There is a standard job pfcg_time_dependency to be scheduled once a day (at time of low system load!).(->so once a day is the standard...)

So if you change role assignements which start immediately, you normally will start the usercomparison directly in pfcg (on the user-tab) (SU01 will do that automatically upon saving the user). So from this side rhautupd_new ill not bring any benefit, as you have triggered the same functionality manually already.

The only scenario where I can imagine a benefit is, if hr-org is used and there are frequent changes there. But then I would only use the option hr-org-recocouncilation in a special variant of rhautupd_new.

Another variant would be with the option 'Cleanups' only, as this may cause some performance impact and is necessary maybe once a week only, if auth.-transports have been imported.

So for regular (daily) run I would suggest to create some variants with only the options marked, which are really necessary (in general this will be with option 'profile matchup' and maybe 'Composite role Recouncilation' only).

If I have missed a point, what would make an hourly run necessary, please inform me...thx in advance!

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

No I don't think there would be a significant system load issue since this job does not appear to require significant resources - of course that would depend upon the hardware you have. Also as you pointed out there could be benefits depending upon the number of changes that are made as well as the whether the company is a global organization with different time zones, etc.

0 Kudos

Hi JC,

thx for your input!

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bliss,

Adding to JC...

Also need to schedule PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES maybe once a month.

0 Kudos

You should as well have a PFUD execution at least once a day, this way all the users would be updated in the end of the day.

Any questions let me know.

Regards,

Lucas

0 Kudos

PFUD is the tcode for the program - RHAUTUPD_NEW - mentioned above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can use pfcg_time_dependency in back ground jobs