cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What exactly can AXIS Adapter do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone give me a scenario when only SOAP Adapter is not enough and I will have to deploy AXIS adapter to complement SOAP adapter? Is AXIS adapter useful even if i am not implementing any 'message-level' security?

Can message be posted to AXIS adapter without clinet having to authenticate to AxisAdapter?

I have an XI web service that my clinet is unable to consume as they don't know how to authnticate to SOAP adapter before sending a SOAP message. We don't have any 'message-level' security, but SOAP adapter requires Basic authentication. Client is able to pass Authentication details in SOAP Header but I guess they first need to authenticate to SOAP adapter before sending SOAP messages. can AXIS adapter accept incoming SOAp messages without user authenticating and then extract Logon details from SOAP header and authenticate client.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan. my client has resolved the issues they were facing and now able to authenticate to SOAP Adapter and consume web service.

Saurabh

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Can AXIS adapter accept incoming SOAP messages without user authenticating and then extract Logon details from SOAP header and authenticate client.

No, this is not possible as the authentication is done by the J2EE server.

HTTP authentication is so basic and it is standard. I do not understand, why any web service client would not support this.

But if there is really no chance, then maybe you can use this work around:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/21/using-the-soap-inbound-channel-of-the-integration-engine

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone help me understand why SOAP Adapter (without AXIS framework) can't be used to create an web service that is intended to be consumed by Peoplesoft application on WebLogic.

I am trying to understand why can't any client (PeopleSoft on WebLogic in our case) consume XI web service. Shouldn't application as matured as peopleSoft should have cpability to consume Xi web service using Basic authentication method to authenticate to SOAp adapter and then sending SOAp message. (No message-level security is implemented)

Thanks,

Saurabh

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Axis framework provides the following:

● Message protocols SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2

● Transport protocols HTTP/S, SMTP, file

● Various user authentication procedures (Basic, Digest, NTLM, SAP Assertion Tickets)

● Various encapsulation formats (MIME, DIME, MTOM)

● You can add your own Axis handlers to the module chain by using the HandlerBean module

Soap 1.2 message protocol is available for AXIS Soap Adapter.

please visit the article

/people/andre.stuij/blog/2008/04/23/principal-propagation-in-ccbpm-finally-made-possible

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b092777b-ee47-2a10-17b3-c5f59380...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/a4f8bbdfdc0d36e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm