cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no entry in MSDP_FCST2 after background run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ran a forecast job using automodel 56 (for plant P1 and Material MATL1) in the background by creating an activity, job and scheduling.

I see the job completed successfully in SM37 and here is what I see in the spool f the background job

========

P1 MATL1

Planning horizon is smaller than past horizon of the forecast

Following forecast profile selected: BBJBQH{pSb2JX0000mAN0

Negative values in outlier correction set to zero

Outlier correction performed; 14 outlier(s) corrected

Required Time for Forecast in Seconds: 0.001

Basic value cannot be re-calculated (Season index = 0 (status red)

Forecast values will be negativ (Status red)

End of Processing Block: 1

========

I checked the transaction MSDP_FCST2 soon after the job is completed by the background job name and I see no entries.

The same when I run the forecast interactively gives me results. and the messages say nothing red.

The messages in interactive planning are as below:

-

Trend test called

Trend: 1.035-, Coefficient of determination: 2.246, Limit: 2.036

Trend test is positive

Automatic linear model selection has chosen linear regression

-

My questions here:

1. Does the spool mean that the forecast did not run? is that the reason why I am not seeing an entry in transaction MSDP_FCST2?

2. Why can't I see any such messages in interactive planning?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PLease check in /SAPAPO/MC8K transaction the message for the forecast job. A red indicator may indicate that the forecast profile was not generated.

In /SAPAPO/MC8T transaction under control parameters, make sure that "generate profile and assign it" checkbox is ON else strategy 56 will fail to create an entry in MSDP_FCST2

Ideally both background and foreground should give consistent results. However I have found discrepancies in linear seasonal regression particularly when seasonal test fails. we have alerted SAP for this through an OSS message though. hence i would request you to try to change history data just to make sure it is not data specific.