cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error for Communication Channel Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Getting the following error when trying to read the file using Content Conversion.

Conversion of file content to XML failed at position 0: java.lang.Exception: ERROR converting document line no. 2 according to structure 'Tivoli_Row':java.lang.Exception: ERROR in configuration / structure 'Tivoli_Row.': More elements in file csv structure than field names specified!

Pls. suggest me where it's gone struck.

Regards,

Yeswanth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to double check the format of the file. The error is detailed that based on the content conversion parameters you have specified there are more fields in the file you are trying to process than the content conversion caters for.

Check to ensure that the separator you have specified is not inherent in one of the fields. For example if you are using a comma and you have test fields in your file they may have a comma in the test field.

Thanks

Gary

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your all valuable suggestions..and help

Here finally i found File Header and the data is mismatching.

eg., Header fields : 32

data is showing : 40

Thanks,

Yeswanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeswanth,

Please could you check your input file and verify if you have mentioned all the field names in the Content Conversion parameters.

Thanks and Regards,

Induja

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yeswanth,

it's very clear that that you have specified more no. of fields than fields in your file structure... Message.filedNames

check these link as well

Introduction to simple (File-XI-File) scenario and complete walk through (Part1)

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

Introduction to (File-XI-File) scenario and complete walk through(Part2)

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Reward points if this helps

Regards

Vani.

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Error msg is very clear. You have more number of fields in your input file than you have mentioned in the Content conversion parameters for the structure Tivoli_Row.

check in your sender communication channel(ID) the followin things.

1) message protocol is file content conversion

2) for content conversion parameters,

a. "Document name" is your message type name

b.specify exact names of fields as defined in data type while mentioning your "fieldNames " for structure 'Tivoli_Row.'

c. if it s a CS file, then fieldSeperator is ","

3) number of fields in your input file should be same as specified in the fieldNames.

in short the structure of your input file and message type that u define should be same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Parameters which i mentioned here is,

QoS : Exactly Once

Poll interval : 200

processing mode : test

file type : text

Content conversion parameters

Doc Name : name_MT

namespace : http://sdn.sap.com

recordset name : name_rset

recordset struc : name_row,*

recordset seq : Ascending

name_row.fieldNames : where i given input for DataType separated by comma

name_row.fieldSeparator : ;

name_row.endSeparator : 'nl'

could you pls check once again if anything wrong here.

Regards,

Yeswanth.

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in both sender communication channel and in receiver communication channel

every thing you given are correct.

in sender comm channel

=>set processing mode : test

in Receiver comm channel

=> check the total no of fieldnames in name_row are same as in your file that are separated by comma (,)

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

I has given in sender comm channel

=>set processing mode : test

and in Receiver comm channel. am using FTP login

so, here i just read this file and then placed using FTP in R/3 system.

Now, am getting the following error.

Conversion of file content to XML failed at position 0: java.lang.Exception: ERROR converting document line no. 1 according to structure 'Tivoli_Row':java.lang.Exception: ERROR in configuration / structure 'Tivoli_Row.': More elements in file csv structure than field names specified.

even i checked my input data also...it's every thing fine.

File content : 32 fields

input data i has given : 32 fields showing correctly

Pls .give me the solution ASAP.

Regards,

Yeswanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

just check wether you are giving any spaces between fields in

field names parameter of FCC and also could you paste your source XML structure??