cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Questions on Developer Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, over the last 2 years I have been developing and maintaining portal applications using version 5.0.5.0. Now I'm trying to move our systems toward WebDynpro. I keep stumbling into road blocks when I need certain classes that apparently the developers studio can't resolve. I tried going to source>organize-imports, but in some cases the imports are not added. I'm not sure what I do from here. Can anyone help?

For example:

in Version 5.0.5.0, when I needed a class like "com.sapportals.portal.prt.session.IUserContext", I just inserted an import statement at the top of my program. I try that in EP6.0 and I still receive errors saying the class is unresolved.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

Use this to find the required jar file.

http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/jarclassfinder

Regards

Vijayakhanna Raman

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

From the WebDynPro perspective in Developer Studio, right-click the project and choose Properties. Go to the Java Build Path item and choose the Libraries tab. From there, you can add external JAR files for the classes you need.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is finding the jars and packages. I'm not sure that I'm not missing some of the PDK. Right now, I'm having the guy who did the install checking it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I tried to import this particular jar with the class, "com.sapportals.portal.prt.session.IUserContext" into my project via properties>add external jars. I searched all the jars for that class and could not find any that contained it. Now, again I ask, where do I find the jar file that contains that class? I'm at a lost here, and feeling fairly frustrated.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Steve, you are looking for prtapi.jar I can't really tell you where it is on your PC, its in a strange folder on mine. If you need, I can email you the .jar file. Just email me. My email address is on my business card.

Regards,

RIch Heilman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You must add the external jars to the project. Then your application will be able to see them. I assume that you know how to add external jars.

Regards,

Rich Heilman