cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Area don't show the 'Show List' anymore??

AlexGiguere
Contributor
0 Kudos

Guys, is it possible that the message area change in SP14 or SP15.

I was testing and example in the SAP-PRESS book, Web Dynpro for ABAP. Before, we had 3 options to display messages in the WD application, now it's 2.

In the message area (at runtime), on the right side, previously it was saying 1 Message with a button Show List, when you click on the show list button you see all messages in a web dynpro table. Now all these standard options seems to have disappers?? I just see my message and the rest of the message area is blank.

The look and feel was better I think with the show list button ... am I missing something??

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The design of the Message Area was intentionally changed - so you aren't seeing things or experiencing a bug. I'm not sure what SP level it was - it might have been earlier than SP14. The design was simplified and made consistent across all the flavors of Web Dynpro - as well as some changes were made to acomidate the rendering in the NetWeaver Business Client.

Personally I kind of perfered the original design and functionality as well, but I do understand that this probably felt comfortable to a long time SAP power user, but may not have been that friendly to a new user.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i was looking for the 'old style' to display messages in webdynpro (with the 'Show List'). here i found the code snipped to do this. i did implement the code in the wddoinit of the window.

method WDDOINIT .

data:

l_api_mycomp type ref to if_wd_window_controller,

l_wd_message_area type ref to if_wd_message_area.

l_api_mycomp ?= wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

l_wd_message_area = l_api_mycomp->get_message_area( ).

l_wd_message_area->set_display_attributes( i_for_all_instances = ' '

i_msg_lines_visible = '1'

i_use_toggle_area = 'X'

i_show_only_current = ' ' ).

endmethod.

unfortunately the method get_message_area does not find the message area. but i did create the message area on the view.

does anybody know what kind of error i'm hanging in ?

Thanks for your help !

Grts Tom

ps: forgot to mention, that we use SP15 now - we started developing on SP10 (so there was the old style default)

Edited by: Thomas Zehnder on Jun 30, 2008 4:45 PM

AlexGiguere
Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure you put your code in the method WDDOINIT of the window controller, not in the view controller.

Alex

AlexGiguere
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas, this is what I was looking for!

Alex

rainer_liebisch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

the default look and feel of the message area changed with SP11, but you can get the old design for your self-programmed applications by using the parameter i_use_toggle_area = ' X' in the method set_display_attributes of if_wd_message_area. An example can be found here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/45/5996d07d2b09cce10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

Regards,

Rainer

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Let's make sure we are talking about the same changes. I looked up in the online help and the redesign of the Message Area was done in SPS11. There is a coding option that allows you to go back to the old design:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/d8/2a934259a5cb6ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/d8/2a934259a5cb6ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm]