cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Measuring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What are the possible ways of knowing the exact time taken by XI to process the Message.

E.g. Data being sent by R/3 system by IDoc Adapter or through Proxy. How can I measure the performance and time taken by both the messages in being received and processed by XI and finally send to receiving system.

I know that in MONI, we can look for Time Stamp in the Performance header, but I am not sure what can I infer from Performance Monitoring in RWB.

Inputs are desired.

Regards

Swetank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dirk_roeckmann
Participant
0 Kudos
MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>I know that in MONI, we can look for Time Stamp in the Performance header,

in this case you can only see how one (just one)

message was processed

if you'd like to see how (for example) 1000 messages

of the same kind were processed you have to use

Performance Monitoring from RWB

try: Extended search and specify:

sender and receiver service + some aggregation data

then you'll see how your messages are realy processed

BTW

I think you can only find out how your messages flow through integration engine if you'd like to see

the time from adapter to IE and IE to another adapter

then you'd also have to use messaging system monitor I guess (but I can be wrong)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

Thanks for giving me better insight. What I really looking for was the answer on time taken to process the Message by Adapter Engine. As we are optimizing the whole scenario(Sender to Receiver System)as over 50,000 Messages of that particular type will be processed in a day and its important to note the time taken for one message to process it through IS and AE.

As in case of Proxy its the Integration Server which does the processing as no AE is involved. But while for Adapter based Communication, we need to check in Message Monitoring as suggested by you.

Regards

Swetank

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>But while for Adapter based Communication, we need to check in Message Monitoring as suggested by you.

I mentioned messaging system

http://server:port/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

this is the fastest monitor there is in XI

no RWB involved

Regards,

michal