cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract WebDynpro based EAR file . Need source from EAR file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WebDynpro java Experts,

I need some help. I have a Java Based WebDynpro related EAR file and I want to modify very little functionality . So I need to extact source code. Could you please help me how to extract (unpack) EAR file . I appreciate your help and will award points for the answer and so please do reply me.

Thank you && Regards

Maruti CR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Login to your portal url link

Navigate to Java Development --> Development --> Detailed Navigation --> Downloads

Somewhere you will find here.

With Regards,

Lakshmanan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Laksh,

Thank you for your mail.

Can you please give me the namvigation step to

Java Development . May I know what is the Role I can search?

Thank you && Regards

Maruti CR

vibhor_bhatnagar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maruthi

Can you let me know how you solved this. I am facing a similar situation.

Thanks and regards

Vibhor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhor,

I had to redo the work as there was no direct solution for that problem at that time.  But I can give you some clue. It will create .CLASS files for the java code implemented . That code can be obtained by using Java Decompilers.  Try it out of it can help you. I would like to give more information but it can confuse you.

Regards

Maruthi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some kind of Reverse engineering?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maruthi,

EAR file contains the class files, it will not contain the source code.

So you cannot extract the Source code in order to modify he functionality. The .ear file contains everything necessary to deploy an enterprise application on an application server.

Thanks n Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jhansi,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your quick reaply but I am not convienced completely with your answer. Please do not mind. Not to offed you. Because I have a doubt. Some times we give EAR file to our basis team to deply the and we could able to get the source file also from them(when we ask them explicitely).

So I guess I need some kind of commands ot tools for that. I used to write few command to extract WAR file.I forgot them now.

But Thank you any way and please do send your openions on this.

Thank you again

Maruti CR