cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier Self Service (SRM-SUS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

does anyone have or no of a definite list of which SRM-SUS fucntionality is available in

Extended Classic Scenario

Classic Scenario

Standalone

What I'm trying to find out is which scenarios the following are available in:

PO exchange from EBP to SUS

Catalogue Content Management via SUS

Supplier Goods Receipting via SUS

Supplier Invoice Receupting via SUS

Cheers

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please refer to the follwoing

· The classic scenario

The shopping cart is created and approved in SAP Enterprise Buyer. The remainder of the procurement process takes place in the backend ERP system(s) and all other follow-on documents, such the purchase order, goods receipt/service entry sheet and invoice, are located there. With SAP Supplier Self-Services, you have partial supplier involvement for the operational procurement business scenarios when buying materials. There is no support for services.

· The extended classic scenario

The shopping cart is created in SAP Enterprise Buyer. The purchase order and follow-on documents are also created there and then replicated to the backend system. The purchase order in SAP Enterprise Buyer is the leading purchase order and cannot be changed in the backend system. Goods receipts and invoices can be pre-entered in SAP Enterprise Buyer or entered directly in the backend system. With SAP Supplier Self-Services, you have partial supplier involvement for all your operational procurement scenarios. In these scenarios, you have supplier involvement for the purchase order and the purchase order response.

· The standalone scenario

The shopping cart and purchase order are processed directly in SAP Enterprise Buyer. You have no materials management functions in your ERP system and, instead, use those in SAP Enterprise Buyer for all procurement processes. The final invoice is sent to a backend accounting system. With SAP Supplier Self-Services, you have complete supplier involvement for all your operational procurement scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response but I'm still looking for a but more clarirffication.

If I implement Extended Classic Scenario will I be able to use SUS for the following

1. Supplier can log onto SUS to maintain their vendor master data

2. Supplier can manage their own catalogue content

3. Supplier can receive PO's created in EBP in SUS.

4, Suppliers can post goods receipts in SUS.

5, Suppliers can post invocie receipts in SUS.

Edited by: Chris March on May 19, 2008 12:40 PM

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to be clear , following things alone are possible in SUS for extended classic.

1) Buyer Sends Purchase order to SUS --> this is possible

--> supplier recieves the same.

2)Supplier Logs in and Sends Purchase order response.

Remaining Follow on documents , Confirmations , invoice are not supported....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for your help.

Does this mean the data management options (changing address details) and catalogue management options are available in ECS?

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) It is always possible for the supplier --> to change his own data ( supplier company )... I have seen this.

2) catalogue management options --> i am not very sure --> i have never dealt with it .....

I have just check out --> it is possible to use catalog items in SUS --> but you have to figure out how to configure the same....

Edited by: khan voyalpad usman on May 20, 2008 8:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Data Management Option is available, esp. in combination with the registration option.

For Catalog Management the Tool used for Catalog Content Management as its capabilities to enable Suppliers to manage Content themselves, is needed. It has nothing to do with SUS.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

thanks for your response, having rad SAP Help a bit more closly it is the Business Package for Supplier Collaberation 2.0 which runs on the Enterprise Portal which is needed for supplier managed catalogue content.

So my understanding is that with Extended Classic I can do

Supplier Managed Catalogue Content (using SAP EP)

Supplier can update their master data (using SAP SUS)

Purchase Order from EBP transferred to SUS

But using Extended Classic the supplier is not able to enter invoices via SUS, is this correct?

Regards

Chris

Edited by: Chris March on May 21, 2008 10:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really only have one part of this question remaining regarding SUS and it relates to invoice entry by suppliers.

After trawling through SAP Help and the Service Marketplace the documentation seems to indicate that the Invoicing solution for SUS will only work with the Service Procurment Scenario and the Plan Driven Procurement with Supplier Integration Sceanrio.

All I want to be able to do is for the self service procurement scenario i.e. just normal catalogue or describe requirement purchases is to be able to send the PO to the SUS Portal where the supplier can then enter their invoice data.

Has anyone ever implemented this or know if it's possible or have any decent documentation?

Trying to find definitive answers on SUS in terms of what is possible and the implementation and business scenario restrictions is very difficult, I'm not sure why it is made so hard to find dceent information on SAP products.

Regards

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone any ideas?