cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using mobile emulator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am using a mobile emulator, in my case i can able to access web from that device whereas if i give deployed application url in that device it is not working.What should i have to do to overcome this.Can any one help me.

Regards,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,two questions:

First is: can you access the application on another device? I guess it can be accessed on a PC..... but on a device that is the same like the emulator?

This brings me to question no 2: yre you sure the app will run on the device you try to emulate? It is possible you do not supprt the device with your coding. So please check if the settings in the APP are correct and you send the correct version for this device.

At the end it is the open question on my site: what deployed app are ypu talking about? I suppose you talk about an online application.

Hope that helps to make things a little more clear.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am using Nokia emulator not any real device, i have deployed my webdynpro application on my PC and its working. When i am giving the same deployed application url in that nokia browser its not working. its showing a message that : "Application is not from this machine". And also my PC gets restarted.

Regards,

Arun

Edited by: Arunagiri A on May 15, 2008 3:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

... not from this device .... what application and technology are we talking about exactly?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am talking about simple webdynpro (java) application.i want to test using Nokia emulator.

Regards,

Arun

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Can you tell me what emulator you use!!! Are you able to run the same application in simple desktop browser.

Also first run the same application with the URL appended with the parameter sap-wd-client=NokiaS80Client

for an example if the app url is http://servername:portnuber/weddynpro/local/contextserver/app

then run it like http://servername:portnuber/weddynpro/local/contextserver/app?sap-wd-client=NokiaS80Client

Regards,

Satyendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyendra,

Still i am facing the same problem.I am using Nokia S80. Ya i have deployed the application in my PC an d then giving the same deployed URL in the mobile browser.

Regards,

Arun

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You able to run the same application with nokias80client parameter on desktop ie browser.

If yes then there is some connectivity problem you need to configure your emmulator properly.

Search the correct configuration doc for the emulator,, and then run the application.

Regards,

Satyendra.

Answers (0)