cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stored Procedures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a variable in DB, which has values aa,bb,xx. How can i write a stored procedure that will help me to retrieve the values into a visual composer UI i.e. "DROP DOWN LIST".

As ArrayLists cannot be used. How else can i write a stored procedure so that i can see the values in a dropdown

aa

bb

xx

Thanx and Regards,

Divya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

VC uses SAP JDBC connector and it can't handle what you want. I would suggest creating a web service that fetches the data from the DB and returns it to VC. This way you walk around the problem.

Regards,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nenatel,

I am using JDBC system connector to retrieve the values(basically they are collections like record sets,tables) . The problem i am facing is, I tried fetching values from Recordset and Tables and i am unsuccessful.

SO are you sure that we cannot implement this functionality using PL SQL Stored Procedures. But Please go thru this

[Link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/a0/076494eace47669c31d0413fee1eec/content.htm]

Please help me in solving this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Divya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

for this you can design a Dynamic entry list.

So it will display ur require values.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already used a dynamic entry lists. The problem is using a REF_cursor we are unable to fetch the records. Without using a cursor how can we fetch multiple records from DB. (as "ArrayLists" is not possible in VC).

I created the stored procedure using a REF_Cursor. It is executing fine in DB and fetching me all the subcompetency values.

/----

/

create or replace procedure testing_cursor( comp_in in varchar2, subcomp_cursor out SYS_REFCURSOR)

Is

begin

open subcomp_cursor for

select subcompetency_name from subcompetency where competency_id=comp_in;

commit;

end testing_cursor;

/----

/

1. In VC, i am having a dropdown lists and using the Dynamic entry lists. 1 input port and instead of output port as it is a record set "Result" appears.

2. Click Add Field. Test Data Service. add the input value "1".

3. Execute.

When i click Execute, i get a message "Invoking DataService". and no output is coming for hours and we are not able to fetch the data from the stored procedure(using a cursor). Why is it so?

Is there any thing else which has to be done from VC side or stored procedure side. Can anyone please help in resolving this issue?

Thanx and Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Test ur data service with known input values which have the Output.

If still ur not getting data means the Mistake is in Creation of data service.

Just check it out

Regards,

Govind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

I have tried sending multiple values to a field as "Arrays", also as REF_CURSOR. But REF_CURSOR is not giving the output though input value is right. How else can i pass multiple rows or values to a field using stored procedure so that i can retrieve the multiple rows or values from that field in Visual Composer into a table or form.

I need to pass values "EP","XI","ABAP" to a field called "competency". How can i pass these values into the field "competency" in "SQL". or what query shall i write that i get these values into VC as dynamic dropdownlists(row after row) or into a Table.

Can you please provide me a solution for this?

Thanx and Regards,

Divya