cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDC for GE Fanuc's Proficy Historian V3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Late last year we connected iHistorian to xMII V11.5. We had to get an old version of iHistorian (3.0) as the current version (3.1) was not supported by the currently available UDC. I also noted that there was no documentation on which version of the GE historian software worked with which UDC version.

So.... I am now doing a Total Cost of Ownership analysis for our proposed MII V12 installation and need to specify software versions for the UDS, UDC, and Proficy Historian(renamed from iHistorian).

Is there a UDC for GE Fanuc's Proficy Historian 3.1?

If not, will there be one in the near future? When?

In the long run, what is the commitment of SAP to create and maintain connectors for various historians?

Someone mentioned the OLEDB UDC and I am not sure why you would need this connector.

Thanks all,

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I will try. On the download part, there is 3 old versions for iHistorian UDS and I have seen a beta version for Proficy Historian.

I have also seen other posts that there is some confusions regarding the SAP roadmap in this area. Some are writing that the only release is towards OPC / OLE DB.

I think that this is a big mistake from SAP side, as the possibility to connect to misc. systems is / where an advantage of xMII.

This is from download, what have been released in version 4 (the newest one).

SAP xMII UDS 4.0 is delivered as a single installation package that includes all software required for the installation of OPC DA UDS, OPC HDA UDS, and OLE DB UDS. The following components are included in the SAP xMII UDS installation package:

SAP xMII UDS

o OPC DA UDS

o OPC HDA UDS

o OLE DB UDS

BR

Poul.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I will try to communicate UDS for Gefanuc Proficy historian v3.1 communication was not established. Problem solves after use Proficy Historian v3.0.

Pl. help me about 3.1 version for historian UDS.

Pl. update

Thank & Regards,

Yatin Kamble

(Sarla Technologies)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin,

As you can see I didn't get any specific responses to my question either so I have no wisdom for you. I still have the same questions I did when I opened this thread.

If you find anything out, let me know!

Best Wishes,

--Amy Smith

-- Haworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Google showed that Proficy has an OLEDB provider.If that is the case then may be OLEDB UDS is the alternative.

I think in this case you would be able to fire SQL (as opposed to TAG) queries to the Historian.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

No responses? I am hoping there will not be a problem with this.