cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't export Design Object via CMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am logged into Design Time as pisuper, therefore i must have all right concerning transportation.

I chose the SWC, Export but am i not able to use the combo box to switch over to export via CMS. I only can export via Filesystem.

Does somebody can give me a hand on this problem?!

In Directory the export via CMS is available!!

br

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

The Change Management Service (CMS) is part of SAP NetWeaver Java Development Infrastructure. This service enables you to configure your transport landscape and manage the transport of objects between different systems.

For information about installing the SAP NetWeaver JDI, see SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/nw04installation ® Dev Env ® Installation Guide – SAP NetWeaver JDI.

The use of the CMS for design and configuration objects is optional. It presents an alternative for transports between different Integration Repositories and Integration Directories, which you can also execute using the file system (see: Transporting Using the File System).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e1/69a740aa053a13e10000000a155106/content.htm

Reward points if this helps

Regards

Vani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have u set the exchange profile parameter's for CMS. They are as follows:

To use CMS for Integration Directory objects, set the following parameter in your development and consolidation system: com.sap.aii.ibdir.core.cms.enableTransportWizard=true

When this parameter is set, the CMS transport is provided by the export wizard.

To use CMS for Integration Directory objects, set the following parameter in your development and consolidation systems: com.sap.aii.ibdir.core.cms.enableClTransport=true

When this parameter is set, the option to transport change lists using CMS is displayed on the user interface.

To use CMS for Integration Repository objects, set the following parameters in your development and consolidation systems: com.sap.aii.ibrep.core.cms.enableClTransport=true

com.sap.aii.ibrep.core.cms.enableTransportWizard=true

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri,

well it seems that in Prod XI the parameters does not exists, even though i am able to transport all Directory Objects but not the Design Objects!!

Should i add the parameters even though some other developer already transported design object succesfully?!

Please keep in mind that i am logged in as pisuper!!

what should i do?!

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Add those Parameters and let us see

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i added the parameters - but no success.

Question: when does the change list become transportable?! how do i manage to get it transportable?!

Perhaps here i have some missing parts...

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with these

• CMS for SAP Exchange Infrastructure:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b8d8f7b2-0701-0010-b09a-cda4cca2...

• How to handle Xi with CMS:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/43f5d790-0201-0010-2984-ff7...

• Configuration of CMS in Central NWDI & SLD to transport XI objects:

/people/praveen.mayalur/blog/2007/05/31/configuration-of-cms-in-central-nwdi-sld-to-transport-xi-objects

REgards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, well i already read these docs before i posted.

What i still can't figure out is how to get a SVC or change list transportable?!

could you help?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok i figured out that i missed to add the SCV to the track in CMS.

But when i try to add it it is not even listed in the catalogue.

The SVC is called Z_SD_STH. It is not found via filter nor via manuell search.

What do i have to do to get the SVC in the selection?!

br