cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move back & forth from main iview to nested iview vice versa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have application that have Main iview which have 4 forms and 8 nested iviews(Each iviews have multiple forms). All the forms in main iviews and nested iviews are in layesrs. I can able to move back and forth with in the forms from the main iviews. But I can not able to go back and forth from main iview forms to nested iview forms.

For example I have a button "NextA" in form A of Main iview A and a button "BackB" and button "NextB" in Form B in nested iviewB .

and button "BackC" and button "NextC" in Form C in nested iviewC .

All the above forms are in layers. When I press button NextA I can go to FormB. But when I press button BackB I can NOT able to go back to FormA. and also If I press Button NextB I cannot able to go to FormC.

In all the above forms,I have created a Action items in buttons with same name as event names.

Points will be awarded as I need this solution as an emergency.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If your forms are in different layers then through layers you can make links between the layers and give appropriate action name mentioned in the button. you drag a line from one layer to the other and mentioned the name of the action which you want to perform.Already you have mentioned the action in the button. So just check this way. I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nested iView can receive input from the main iView but cannot channel data back to the main iView.

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

It sounds like you already have event (action) "BackB" assigned to your BackB button on FormB. Then draw a transition from the out port of FormB to the in port of FormA and assign the event "BackB".

If the problem is that only FormB or FormA is to be shown at a time, then you may need to manage the visibility setting for the form. In that case have your event also update a boolean value in your data store (such as, "showFormA" and "showFormB"), then make the form visibility dependent on the corresponding data store value.

I hope that helps.

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Margaret

I can able to go from main iview form to nested iview form, but cannot go back from nested iview form to main iview form . I cannot able to draw a transition from the out port of FormB to the in port of FormA and assign the event "BackB". I can only draw a transition from the out port of nested iview layer to main iview form layer and assign the event "BackB".( I can send you the screen print.) pl let me know if I am doing something wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Nested iView can only get input from the source iView but it cant channel data back to the source iView. If you still want to achieve the "Back" and "Next" functionality, you can have just forms and make use of their "visibility" function to move back and forth. This will be a bit clumsy, but this is the only way!

Hope this helps

Regards,

Vani