cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove/change sales tax in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sappers!!

I are unable to remove sales tax from a sales order. I have tried to update the sales order by clicking on Header>Conditions Tab>Update-->Double click on G to redetermine the taxes.

The sales order was entered the same day the Vertex record was input.

Appreciate your pointers and time!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

put deletion flag for tax condition record in VK12.

goto VK12 and select a row and select delete.

Reward helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Sasikanth.Ch

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The customer master data was not set up properly in Vertex.

Appreciate yuor time guys!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vr,

I am new to SAP SD, recently i had an interview and was asked if i configured the tax procedure and i said yes, with condition type ujtax and all that, but they said that they are new at it and still using vetex softwar which i understand your company also uses it, why you have to use vertex, sap itself cannot be configured for all tax purposes does it need to have third party tax software for US taxes? your input will he higly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear VR

u r getting TAX in sales order because u have selected the tax code which attract sales tax. If you require nil tax in SO then please change the tax code in VK12 with having zero tax. U can check the tax applicability for the selected tax code in FTXP.

Hope this will help u.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For that particular order, change the taxability of either the customer (entire order is not taxed) or the taxability of individual line items.

<h3>For the US:</h3>

<h4>Change customer taxability from taxed to not-taxed:</h4>

Got to the Billing tab at the header level and change the "Alt tax classification" field to a non-taxable value. The values you see here are dependent on your configuration settings.

<h4>Change material taxability from taxed to not-taxed:</h4>

Go to the Billing tab at the item level and change the "Tax Classification" field to a non-taxable value. Again, your values depend on your particular configuration settings.

Changing condition records makes it a global change which you may not want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to remove the sales tax from sales order,

first of all goto FTXP, give the country, for which you want to change the tax code percentage, and give the tax code and press enter, there it will show existing the tax percentage for that condition type (say earlier it was 10%). Now you want to make it 0% then remove 10 and put it as 0 and save it.

Next goto condition record VK12 maintaine new tax percentage which you want to change. Like earlier 10% was there but you want to make it as 0%, then maintaine in VK12 tax condition record.

Now goto your sale order in change mode VA02, and update the procedure using G, then the new tax willbe reflected i.e., 0% will come.

Hope this is clear

Reward if helpful

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies guys!

Maintaining/modifying FTXP and VK12 would imply that I would change condition type UTXJ. This condition type is used by other orders too. I do not want to affect the other orders. Isn't there other way to only edit one particular sales order?

Appreciate your time!!