cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send SMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know how I can send a SMS to specific person through MI tech.

Suppose I created a PO and want to send the SMS with PO number as its text to person XYZ.

Pl. guide me .

Thanks

Akhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using Mobile 7.0 or 7.1? If 7.1, which SP are you in? SMS is supported as a standard channel SP04 onwards.

Regards,

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you throw more light on the same..

What configurations , settings i have to do for the same.

Thanks,

Akhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi akhil,

I guess you called me on that last Monday?

If this is correct htere is a problem with this landscape we have here. You told me you have a mobile device which is not running Windows Mobile. In that case this solution will not really help you, cause the receiver in our case is the mobie client software. How it works technically: in simple words: If you send an SMS to a windows Mobile Device, there is an event thrown on the device. We listen to this event inside MI and if the header of the SMS is in a specific format, we take this message as an MI message and process it in our application. If it is of another format - then we just let the system do with it what it usually does.

What you could use is the sending method given by MI7.1 to send the mssge down to the mobile device. But if that is really what you asked for is still open in my head. As I understood you, you want to send messaged back from the device into MI - and as per my knowledge, tis is not supprted at the moment.

If you want, you can call me again - perhaps we can discuss this then a little further.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you called me on that last Monday?

>> No I did not called you...but thanks...

Oliver would you be able to tell me how can we implement SMS tech. I heard NWM 7.1 has something called PUSH Alerts...do they talk of SMS or its something else.

Do we need to do confg. in b/k or middleware.

Or its sopme different tech. we have to use.

Thanks,

Akhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, MAM uses the SMS technology to inform the device about new orders. this is the PUSH technology you have heared about. It is defined on the backend, some settings are reuired as well. have a look into the SETUP guides for MAM - find them in the XAPPS part on SERVICE.SAP.COM/INSTGUIDES. Thisshould give you a good starting point on what is needed and how it works.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (0)