Please reply it asap its urgent

Thanks in advance

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot rename company code ABCL to ABIT. Once you create a company code, save it and transport it, no changes can be made to company code.

But you could revise name of company as it is used for description purposes.

Similarly you cannot rename a sales organization and other organization entities.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh

You can rename the company code , sales orgn ,as they are legal entities they have the address there you can change . when ever any change takes place in the name,

But this data has to be given by the client .As all these are client level entities

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can rename the company code, as in the thread you will not be able to change the company code. The description can be changed and it will update everywherhe automatically. But there willbe some forms, whrere the company name will be hard coded. You need to check the forms with the help of an ABAP consultant and change it as required.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Renaming of the description is possible for all the organisational units, but if you want to change the code (which we create using 4 characters) then its not possible.

You have to copy that company code or sales org which ever you want to rename and then put your own new code and description. But as it is renaming the codes without copying is not possible.

Hope this is clear

Reward if helpful

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected Srs

Thanks for your valuable support. But if i copy all the entities(company,company code,sales org,etc) then in that case is there a risk of change of all settings . Probulem with me is that i m an SD guy and besides me are two ABAPers. There are no FI MM, PP and other module people so please advice me to move ahead for changes or consult people of other modules

Please revert back immidiately as earlier.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you cant rename the company code or other unit as assignment have been made to them an there are hundereds of tables assosiated with it. you can change the description and adress details though

thanks,

krishna prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

U can rename all orgnizational units based on ur client requirement.like company code and sales.

orgnization

in SPRO u can do these settings Ex select 1000 company code and select copy button here u can give ur own naming convertion.

Reward point if helpful.

Regards

Sasikanth.Ch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected Srs

Thanks for your valuable support. But if i copy all the entities(company,company code,sales org,etc) then in that case is there a risk of change of all settings . Probulem with me is that i m an SD guy and besides me are two ABAPers. There are no FI MM, PP and other module people so please advice me to move ahead for changes or consult people of other modules

Please revert back immidiately as earlier.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh,

1.first thing, any change you make in SPRO would result in a request so you have to transport it across all the systems of the landscape till PRD to maintain uniformity.

2.Am not sure how changing the name should have a bearing on any functinality and may not be recommended in the first place. Name gets importance only by the functionality we attribute to it. Please reconsider this decision in the first place.

3.Once a name is fixed ie ABCD company code, it cannot be changed but only the description. Even if you copy the name into a new company code, there will be plenty of settings which you have to change which is very sensitive and cumbersome. Am not sure what kind of business requirement needs this perhaps dangerous move.

4. In a way you are doing a new project where resources must be thre if its required. The settings of company code change not only effect SD but other functions like MM, PP and within FI many.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected Seniors

Thanks a lot for guiding me by sparing your valuable time.This is first forum on which i got immidiate information.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

for me its the best place to share / improve knowledge. the best thing is it keeps us busy and we are in a learning mode always.

Happy that you got the answer required. If so, please mark it as answered so that contributors can look on the other threads.

All the best.

regards

sadhu kishore